It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:34

What watch will you be wearing on Friday???

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: What watch will you be wearing on Friday???

Post27 Oct 2007, 19:27

Raining here...I've been wearing the "port hole"(boat window). Or is it the face of a deep sea diving helmet? :lol:
"Microstar" brand.
Last edited by retroleds on 31 Oct 2007, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post31 Oct 2007, 06:26

Wow - I've never seen that kind of LED watch before Ed. What brand is it,
Jaques Costeau? :-P

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Nov 2007, 20:08

Hoping not to cause any more controversy today, I give you todays watch......

Like it was going to be a surprise. TBH it's the only accessable watch I've got as the others are at the top of a wardrobe due to plumbers moving the boiler from the kitchen into the attic and they needed access into an eaves via my bedroom. Right in the middle of a cold snap too, thank heavens for fleece! A different one next week I promise.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post23 Nov 2007, 20:50

This one for the weekend. Hate, just hate the strap though, still looking for a replacement for the weedy thing. :evil:

Why this one - easy the date was sitting at the 23rd and I'm too lazy to wind a jump all the way round umpteen times :-) . I always know what date I'm be wearing one of them. Quickset - what an idea. :mrgreen: [/u]

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post23 Nov 2007, 20:57

Today it's the Zenith Futur TimeCommand 47.1, AFAIK the first analog/digital combination watch.
(latest addition to the collection :-D)
http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/zenith6.htm
http://www.ledwatches.net/articles/zenith-booklet/zenith-booklet0.htm

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Dec 2007, 14:14

A bit late and yes no surprises the Majestyk - no photos though. Hell of a weekend - youngest barfs in his sleep thursday night, eldest upchucks friday night (at least he made it to the toilet in time), on Saturday morning the wife is losing it at both ends..... oh yes on saturday afternoon middle child thows up all over the hallway and with her 3rd chunder leans right over baby brother then bleeeeaaaagh. Then she asks me

"was that a good shot daddy?"

"Uh............yes but next time run to the toilet to be sick and try not to use your baby brother as a target"

Showered him. Oh yes he was wearing his one and only expensive item of clothing - lambswool cardi handwash only. FFS! And then I had to (as the wife had gone to bed teh moment I got home from work at lunchtime), then I had to scrape the puke from between the floorboards and mop the whole thing down twice. I was gagging I tell you, gagging.

Did I mention the diahrrea? No I don't think I have mention the diahrrea. All over the flamin' lounge. TWICE! Pure liquid that went everywhere when I changed youngests nappies.....Then I get a text from my best mate about how goodt the mountain biking is today. I threaten to spit roast him over an open fire.

I spent Saturday evening steaming the carpet clean. Oh lord the smell.

Sunday, everyone is getting better but now I'm on the downhill slope but I HAVE TO GO SHOPPING WITH 3 BRATTY KIDS. I was very paitient (ie I ignored their whining) and went to bed and only got up for Top Gear.

Monday, still ropey but feeling a lot better. No longer have the MI on but this baby.

Youngest has just crawled in and he's howfing. Wish me luck, I'm going in.......(Deep Breath)

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post03 Dec 2007, 22:45

Christ man, what are you feeding those kids... ;-)

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post04 Dec 2007, 16:31

Fitron(Campbell) seems to have a his hands full between those kids and his cat that craps in his workshop. Regarding the cat: a friend of mine sent me this...is suppose it should be in the "Humor section. :lol:
http://www.slide.com/r/m3Y9UB0A6z9Ib3xhGLT-bM8FVFEujpU2
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 Dec 2007, 22:44

The cat problem has been solved - it was the milk, something about they can't digest the fat in cow milk so it goes straight through, taking everything with it - it wasn't the workshop btw it was the kitchen workstop :shock:

Kids had a puking bug that the whole area seems to have and the source is........the local primary school which will come as no surprise to all the parents out there. Germ warfare every term time I tell ya'll.

As for hands full, too bloody true. I've just volunteered my wife to host Christmas for both my 'n her sides of the families. Coursework is getting to me as I've just received 2 new assignments and they are £$%! as one is MASSIVE and involves sitting in dusty reference libraries (no way round it) and the other is just a total *!". (Sighs)

Maybe I'll buy a birks to cheer myself up? How thick's the gold plate? Oh bugger no watch funds. Wait, a mate owes me 57 quid :!: That's 104 greenbacks.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post22 Dec 2007, 14:29

I wore this last night and will be all day.

Oh Christmas is coming and I'm finally in the seasonal spirit, kids are hyper and I can't wait. Only one more present to buy and then it's sorted. Yay :-D

"'tis the season to be jolly, tra la la la, la la la laa"

And I'm waiting for another two watches to come it :-D :-D :-D
Forgive me but one's an analogue :oops:

"God rest ye merry gentlemen let nothing you dismay, for Jesus Christ our saviour was born opon this day, Oooh tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy, oooooh tidings of comfort and joooy"

(Be grateful you're only reading my singing and not listening to it.......)

Merry Christmas to all you led nuts out there.

Diginut

Techie

Techie

Post11 Jan 2008, 13:17

Some gold watch that feels quite heavy. Nice though.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Re: : What watch will you be wearing on Friday???

Post19 Jan 2008, 19:45

LEDluvr wrote:TGIF! This Friday (9/14) I'm back to the 'La Generale' LED.

LEDluvr - I'm curious, does your LaGenerale have a National Semi module in it or is it one of the La Generals with the battery clip with the little protrusions that go between the buttons and the contacts? This will get copied over to another thread where we are discussing the La Generales.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post20 Jan 2008, 07:02

Hi Ed. It's a National Semiconductor module. I took some pics last month when I opened it up to change the batteries but those pics were saved on my work computer. I'll be back to work on Monday - I'll post them Monday evening when I get home. (I still can't log on from work :evil: )

The batteries rest in the recessed 'battery wells' and the inside of the case back has the tri-tip prongs attached to it.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Re: : What watch will you be wearing on Friday???

Post20 Jan 2008, 20:31

LEDluvr wrote:Hi Ed. It's a National Semiconductor module. I took some pics last month when I opened it up to change the batteries but those pics were saved on my work computer. I'll be back to work on Monday - I'll post them Monday evening when I get home. (I still can't log on from work :evil: )

The batteries rest in the recessed 'battery wells' and the inside of the case back has the tri-tip prongs attached to it.

As I suspected - National Semi - most common(99.95%, IMO) of the dual time zone modules out there). La Generale generally had only their modules in their watches, but maybe they made an exception since N.S. already had a good working circuit, for that [apparently]limited market. An ad for La Generale saying "N.S inside" would probably be the only way to know for sure. Lost in the mist of time like so many things.... :shock:

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post22 Jan 2008, 04:59

Yep - you can easily see the NS sticker on the module. And without any further ado, here are the pics:

CompuChron

Techie

Techie

Post04 Feb 2008, 13:52

I promised pics of my sundial, here it is:

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post09 Feb 2008, 21:40

Yesterday I couldn't make up my mind which watch to wear so I got creative...... :-D

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post07 Mar 2008, 18:40

This, for a grand total of $33 8-)

Apols for the stock photo but I've been far too busy to snap anything.

Hell I'm barely functioning as a human being at the moment.
Coursework, lack of sleep due to children, builders, Getting woken up far too early, cleaning after the builders, 2 jobs. Jeez, roll on July and no more coursework or builders.

Gripe over. :mrgreen:, hopefully biking with my eldest son tomorrow, it's been far too long since we got out just the two of us.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post08 Mar 2008, 21:39

I was wearing my newly aquired compuchron!

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post22 Mar 2008, 03:11

Today I'm wearing my recently resurrected Baylor LED.
Anyone else want to share what they have on today?

Please excuse the grime on the case, hey - I did mention it was recently resurrected! :-)

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post22 Mar 2008, 10:07

Nixon Dork - no photo :oops:

http://www.nixonnow.com/watches/mens/the-dork-A400.html

Wearing a hoodie today so it seems the most appropriate watch to go with it.

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post22 Mar 2008, 14:32

I'am wearing my favorite Longines today... :-)

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions