It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:37

Friday 10th Watch time.....

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Friday 10th Watch time.....

Post10 Aug 2007, 11:04

This one - it's a risk that the wife might notice it and start asking questions though.....such as "when did that one arrive?" but I hope to get her confused with the P2 :-P

This fits me perfectly and is surprisingly small - I always thought TC's were large but now I've got one I'm genuing surprised at how neat it is.

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

: Friday 10th Watch time.....

Post10 Aug 2007, 13:02

This fits me perfectly and is surprisingly small - I always thought TC's were large but now I've got one I'm genuing surprised at how neat it is.

That's just an optical illusion caused by owning one of MJ's watches ;-)

Handy

Techie

Techie

Post10 Aug 2007, 18:53

Wearing my Pulsar Sport today....as usual :roll:

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post10 Aug 2007, 19:02

Friday again! :-D
I'm wearing my Texas Instruments model 401. I just cleaned it up but I still need to take a picutre. It's just like this one in a pic from the photogallery:

http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/texas-instruments1.htm

Oh, and Fitron:

This one - it's a risk that the wife might notice it and start asking questions though.....such as "when did that one arrive?" but I hope to get her confused with the P2

I know exactly how you feel! :-D

joeywaycool

Techie

Techie

Post10 Aug 2007, 19:24

I recently found my Nixon Dork watch again and have been using it as a daily wearer for the past two weeks. Not surprisingly, I have gotten funny comments about it at work nearly every day so far! Usually pertaining to being an engineer.....hence, dork. Personally, I prefer geek.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post10 Aug 2007, 19:41

Do you have a pic joeywaycool ?

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post10 Aug 2007, 21:52

Yeah, the battery-eating DORK (3 months on a CR2025)! There was a long thread about the DORK and its hidden features, but it got lost...
I modified my DORK for about 60% longer battery life, but since then it's in a drawer, still disassembled. Think I have to put it together again after you reminded me...

As for my friday watch today, here it is:
1976 Fairchild LCD. Has a Tritium backlight that still glows a little in the dark :-) (not enough to read time).
Last edited by rewolf on 11 Aug 2007, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

CompuChron

Techie

Techie

Post10 Aug 2007, 22:27

I love my DORK but as the batteries last only 3 months and I have maybe 30 watches I wear,that means that 1 battery last 3 days of wearing...

But that's the watch that attracts the more comments.

Today I'm wearing a Vintage Tissot Seastar (oooooooooh,no LED!)Sorry!

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: Friday 10th Watch time.....

Post11 Aug 2007, 00:31

Fitron wrote:This one - it's a risk that the wife might notice it and start asking questions though.....such as "when did that one arrive?" but I hope to get her confused with the P2 :-P

Oh yeah, I have that problem about once a day....right after the mail is delivered. M:)W:)M
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post11 Aug 2007, 10:50

Seriously nice lcd there rewolf 8-) ...and I'm no fan of them but that is a pretty one.

3 months for one battery :shock: Apart from the original demo hamiltons is that the hungriest watch out there????

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: : Friday 10th Watch time.....

Post11 Aug 2007, 13:44

CompuChron wrote:I love my DORK but as the batteries last only 3 months and I have maybe 30 watches I wear,that means that 1 battery last 3 days of wearing...
I know this problem very well ;-)
The Dork consumes over 70uA standby current. Half of this is wasted in the inefficient step-up converter that generates the 5V for the watch chip. Replacing it with a better one (like the MAX1722) reduces power consumption to about 60%. Still not even 6 months battery life. A CR2032 instead of the CR2025 (some work on the battery lid required) would give another 1 or 2 months (theroetically - haven't tried this). All this without using the "talk" feature at all (15mA current consumption during speech).
Yes I think it deserves the questionable title "hungriest watch out there";-) - quite certainly for modern watches. As the Fossil OLED experiment was discontinued (for good reasons) we won't know how that candidate performs in this regard...

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions