It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:12

Friday (August) 31st, 2007

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Friday (August) 31st, 2007

Post30 Aug 2007, 23:32

Diesel DZ7008
ImageImage
BTW what do you think: better start a new thread every friday or continue the original What watch will you be wearing on Friday??? thread?

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

: Friday 31st

Post31 Aug 2007, 19:20

Nice Diesel rewolf. I've never seen that model before - do they still make it? Where did you find it?

After a week of wearing my old Seiko LCD's.....

I'm back to the Pulsar:

I like the idea of a continuous thread of "What watch I am wearing on Friday". That way we all can browse through the thread and see all the cool "Friday" watches in one place.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post31 Aug 2007, 20:21

Ah I've been wearing my beat up dive watch all week as it's expendible, but the weekend comes......

Hmmmmm has this replaced the M1 as my favourite watch? It's too close to call.....

I shall wear them both! But not at the same time, that's just sad. As for the thread, why not, then we get to see lots of watches.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: : Friday 31st

Post31 Aug 2007, 21:11

Fitron wrote:I shall wear them both! But not at the same time, that's just sad. As for the thread, why not, then we get to see lots of watches.
Good choice! I haven't been wearing a Majestyk for two weeks now (sorry Jeff) - I think I have to correct this - tomorrow will be M2 (red) day ;-)
BTW why not wear 2 watches? People wear 2 earrings, some wear 8 rings, 3 necklaces, have several piercings, etc. - so why not 2 watches??
When I was about 12 years old, I tried it (one on each wrist), analogue ones back then, one was a bit fast, the other slow, so the average was exact - neither my classmates not the teacher understood, so I stopped it after 3 days and never repeated the experiment ;-)

About the Diesel DZ7008: it's from the summer 2002 collection. Quite rare. I purchased it here about 3 years ago. It's still listed in the shop. The seller is registered at this forum, but doesn't speak english. If anyone's intrested, I can ask if it's actually available. Price was 149EUR IIRC.

BTW the new Diesel collection is there, the DZ7077 and DZ7076 look interesting.

But the most interesting is what looks like a driver's OLED??!!
Does anbody know anything about it??

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post31 Aug 2007, 22:59

Okay, that drivers OLED looks awsome!!

The only thing holding me back is my experience with the fossil OLED, which going by the Diesel photo tells me it's the same low brightness, cant' see the time outdoors display.

I hope I am wrong though. Fool me once.... :-P

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post31 Aug 2007, 23:40

I really like that Diesel DZ7008, thanks for link rewolf. If it's not too much trouble please ask the seller how much it is going for these days. I might be interested.....

I have the DZ7023, in fact I just changed the battery this week. But I haven't worn it in a while because it's do darn hot here in the summer. It's just too uncomfortable in this London heat. Uh, I mean LA heat. ;-)

As for wearing 2 watches - I've done it on occasion. But only at the office where my long sleeves cover them up. :-) I like to have them synchronized to the second and have their hourly chimes go off at the same time. :-P

I hear you almightytallest - hopefully that OLED Diesel has better viewability than their previous models. What good is a watch you can't read?

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post31 Aug 2007, 23:49

I find if I wear a watch on my dominant (right) hand that it gets bashed an awful lot more than the usual left hand. I'm enough of a clutz as is without making it worse for the watch. I agree about the diesel drivers, it looks stunning in the photo banner.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post02 Sep 2007, 17:14

@ LEDluvr: I emailed the seller, let's see what he answers. Shipping to London would be easier than LA ;-)
The old thread where he has posted is here. I wouldn't hope too much, because it was 3 years ago (funny coincidence: I purchesed my DZ7008 on 2004-08-30, exactly 3 year before I posted it here - I only noticed this a minute ago when I checked my records).
Do you know the DZ7009? Same module and easier to get.

BTW google reveals NOTHING for DZ7008 - apart from the 2 postings here and the website of the abovementioned seller. I can't believe this, it's almost like this watch never existed :-? Don't trust the internet for history research...

I understand what you mean with the DZ7023 on hot days. I never know whether I should wear leather or plastic or steel when it's hot - leather is more comfortable, but I don't want it to get soaked with sweat; plastic and steel are easy to clean from sweat...

edit 19:07: got a reply from the seller: no way to get one. he says if at all, it could be available rather in the US than here.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post04 Sep 2007, 18:44

That's a bummer, but thanks for looking into it rewolf. I appreciate it.

(3 years to the day - funny conicidence!)

I'll keep my eyes peeled in case one ever crosses my path and I'll check out that DZ7009.

Talking about hot days- it was 115 F last weekend here in LA!
I usually go with metal on these hot days, easy to clean and as you pointed out it won't soak up the sweat like a leather band.
I'm not sure if I sweat less with metal vs. plastic but it sure seems that way.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: : Friday 31st

Post04 Sep 2007, 19:53

LEDluvr wrote:...Talking about hot days- it was 115 F last weekend here in LA!
That's 46°C, wow! I remember news reports from LA last summer about current lines almost burning because of the ACs running on full power all day...

As for the DZ7008: set up an ebay search, from time to time there is one for sale. If you haven't done this yet, click >here<, then "Save this search"

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions