It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:12

Updated Photograph's of My Watch Collection

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Updated Photograph's of My Watch Collection

Post02 Aug 2008, 00:14

Watches are listed in no particular order.

I have more watches to list at a later date, although these could be considered the best of my collection.

I also have a couple of deals pending hopefully to arrive within the not to distant future and will add those photo's later.

Please feel free to have a look at the full sized image, you never know you may even be the 999,999 visitor to the Image Shack and win a prize :lol: :lol:

1. Bulova series 2544 single button 3 part display, with glass top absolutely beautiful, complete with box and paperwork.

2. Texas Instrument, Model 104, A beauty.

3. Hughes branded LED, Little bit of wear, rarely seen.

4. Mercury Time, came to me in a right old state, but buffed up a treat.

5. Commodore, 24hr display, cleaned a little to hard and lost the logo Doh!

6. Helbros, dot matrix, Hughes module?

7. Wittnauer Dot matrix.

8. Orient touch control, beautiful condition.

9. Hamilton, dot matrix display, Lovely condition.

10. Nice LED Unknown make and model - Idea's

11. Nice Advance LED, My first successful crystal replacement!

12. Birks flick wrist, watch in beautiful condition, great reliable flick display works every time. Love it!

13. Saturn Time Corp, not the best condition in the world, still wouldn't be without it.

14. Windert with a Hughes programmable module inside, fantastic condition.

15. Logo says Liggett group (a tobacco company) Nice quality watch, unknown make or model - idea's.

16. Longines Gemini G11, lovely dual display watch dubbed the day and night watch, LCD for daytime time reading and LED for the night, Hughes module, beautiful condition.

17. Gillette reflex, Model 311, rare flick wrist with stop watch feature!

18. Pulsar Big Time, flick wrist, beautiful chunk of wrist art.

19. Hughes watch - unbranded but think it may be a Hughes made watch sold to employees in the company shop. A really big and chunky time piece - I call my golden doughnut.

20. Pulsar sports Model 3502, Authentic or not I love it.

21. Pulsar Dress watch, magnet set, great watch.

22. Gillette reflex, flick wrist, Model 312, big chunk of 70s love.

Another Bulova 3 part display, more of a daily wear.

24. Nelsonic Pacman LCD games watch, good bit of fun.

25. Can Ya Tell What It Is?

26. Synchronar RWR LE 24 (3 pictures)

27. Early dot matrix display - Not quite sure what model it is, it has Grimm 75 and also has Ness Solid State Time stamped on the back case.

*Please forgive me for the next few as they are none digitals, had to include them because they are amongst my favorite watches.

28. 2 x Derby Swissonic's, sadly like the majority of there kind they are not keeping accurate time.

29. Zodiac Astrographical SST, mystery dial, with a rare lightening bolt for the seconds instead of the usual dot. Big heavy chunk of 70s watch.

30. Enicar, jump hour, love the Enicar emblem on the back case (sorry didn't take a picture) love the fact that they are called Enicar because it is the founders Ariste Racine's surname backwards - must of stayed awake all night thinking up that one :lol:

31.Sicura jump hour, nice unusual watch.

32. Wittnauer Sectora Futurama Flyback, a stunningly beautiful watch one of my favourites especially outside of the LED's, boxed and with paper work.

There are plenty I would like to add to my collection a LED calculator watch, Bulova 'big block', Longines Comet, EPSA - Optel and a Sinclair Black watch spring to mind.

Thank you for looking and in case you where wondering none of the watches are for sale.

If you have any information or questions regarding the watches please feel free to post or PM me.

Regards Mick.
Last edited by bucko170 on 15 Jan 2009, 02:46, edited 10 times in total.

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

: Some Photograph's of My Watch Collection

Post02 Aug 2008, 04:53

hi mick, did you see my post and photos on the black watch part of this forum? i have one that i bought and built as a kit. it still works, but it is horroble on battery use. about 3months on 2 eveready 389 hi drain cells. i have my rwr on today. i finally got it charged up and set. i have not put the back plate on it yet. it is not that critical. the first mkIV's didn't even have the plate. so far it is working fine. looks good. display is bright. peter

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post02 Aug 2008, 10:15

Hello Peter,

Nice pictures of the Sinclair Black watch, very nice watch and very rare to find, especially in that condition 8-)

How does usage effect battery life?
Perhaps one of the techno's would be able to suggest a solution to extend battery life :idea:
Personally I wouldn't worry about the watch eating the batteries, I would just consider it a quirk and be happy that it actually worked, from what I understand a lot didn't.

Congratulations on receiving the Synchronar RWR.

Mick

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post02 Aug 2008, 15:36

Nice LED collection Bucko... :-D

That Texas 104 is a real stunner does it have a plastic or glass crystal, I've been after one of those for ages and got outbid on one very recently, bugger... :-(

The number 11 watch is an Advance I can post a scan of the instructions if you'd like to print it off.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post02 Aug 2008, 20:55

bucko - love the Zodiac ticker, rare indead with the lightening bolt. And a Futurama flyback is always a delight. Fantastic collection! 8-)

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post02 Aug 2008, 22:57

Thank you for your kind comments.

Klippie - I brought the Texas Instrument from ebay very recently, sorry maybe it was me who outbid you :oops:
I have had a close look and I'm not sure if the crystal is plastic or glass, it is however in mint condition.
Is there any easy way to distinguish between a glass and a plastic crystal?

Thank you for letting me know No 11 is an 'Advance', I'm ok without the instructions, it's pretty bog standard setting wise - but thanks anyway.

Regards Mick.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post02 Aug 2008, 23:01

Mick: That crystal is glass. Tap with a plastic, brass/copper or wooden item(lightly) and compare the sound to known glass if you are unsure. Brass will not scratch glass.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post02 Aug 2008, 23:11

Thanks Ed,
My gut feeling was making me lean towards it being glass.
It's the large crystal on the 104 that makes it stand out amongst others IMHO that is.
Regards Mick.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post08 Aug 2008, 20:40

Awesome collection Mick - very impressive. 8-)
But I didn't see a pic of your avatar in the line up?
Maybe you didn't want to be redundant?

cte

Techie

Techie

Post08 Aug 2008, 22:49

dazzling collection mick.... 8-) absolutely love them all. beautiful condition.

do you have many lcd pieces? i have been getting more into lcd's recently. would love to see some of your prized ones if you have any. :-)

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post09 Aug 2008, 06:46

Thanks guys,

I do have a few LCD's, nothing to spectacular, I like to collect the Timex SSQ's, nice cheap and cheerful and lots of variations to collect.

The avatar was a stock photo, I couldn't get any of mine to load so I picked a watch I would like to own instead!

Regards Mick

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Re: : Some Photograph's of My Watch Collection

Post09 Aug 2008, 14:38

bucko170 wrote:...The avatar was a stock photo, I couldn't get any of mine to load so I picked a watch I would like to own instead! Regards Mick

Mick - currently avatars are limited to 14.5K on file size, 107 X 107 pixels. This was to hold page loading times to a minimum for those using dial-up. I suppose with the expanded use of DSL and broadband, along with the option to turn off graphics in most modern browsers, it may be a mute point. I'll start a general discussion on this subject and put a link to it in this reply. http://dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=2844

Gentlemen, carry on!

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions