It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:07

New addition 1

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

New addition 1

Post08 Apr 2011, 14:17

Excellent qtc hamilton,g/f all 10k rgp case and bracelet,perfect colour match.This rare genuine new old stock piece was found in jewelers back store.Apparently the watch was left unsold after the introduction of lcds.It was displayed in the store ,on and off for a time as a show novelty item,
finally being returned to the stock room. It is rare to find such items now,in beautiful ,perfect condition save from a few minor handling marks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us :-D

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

: New addition 1

Post08 Apr 2011, 18:48

Excellent find! My only question is.... do you dare wear it!? ~:(

Bad Juju

Techie

Techie

Post08 Apr 2011, 19:53

Sweet find! I bet you got a great deal on both watches, too!

I have a QED II in gold that is not NOS but very minty. It has a Frontier module that is the equivalent to the module in an Omega Constellation TC II. I have the box, too.

They are nice looking watches but still don't seem to be as valued as their Pulsar counterparts.
- Shaun

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post08 Apr 2011, 20:06

They are nice looking watches but still don't seem to be as valued as their Pulsar counterparts.

That always seems to be the case Bad Juju, even though the module is the same! Maybe it's just the 'name-brand' factor? Even though Hamilton is no slouch by any means, Pulsar will always be seen as the forerunner in LED watches. But I have to say that even though I really like the look of these Hamiltons, I think the Puslar P2 is more a more comfortable fit for my wrist. The weight distribution seems better -more even and not top-heavy. Maybe others have a different experience?

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post08 Apr 2011, 21:01

8-) COOL 8-)

Cracking watches and a great find, congratulations for finding them and thanks for sharing the photo's. :-D

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post08 Apr 2011, 22:21

I love the look of these Hamiltons also. I'm wearing my QED / QTC today and I have to admit, they take some getting used to and are not generally the most comfortable of watches due mainly to their size and weight (sacrifices must be made in the name of fashion). I'm not sure if it has to do with weight distribution or just plain mass. Are these the heaviest of all LEDs? They seem even heavier than a Bulova Big Block and way heavier than a P3 or P4. I've never worn an Omega TC-1, but that seems to be about the only comparable watch in terms of mass.

Anyone know how these all stack up in terms of weight and comfort?

-abe.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post09 Apr 2011, 17:05

I have always found the hamilton to be very comfortable on the wrist.I would imagine it weights slightly more than a TC1. I always find it hard to understand why the qed is held in lower esteem than the pulsar and omega ,lets not forget hamilton developed the technology having their name on the P1.It was a simple a marketing name that hamilton used to launched the "pulsar" branding.
As for omega,they simply applied their logo to the glass. their designs were not very interesting . No input to the technology used , we all know the innards were pulsar/hamilton even the qed/qtc links are basically the same,as is the case backs.No, i feel hamilton should take the 1st prize among the three main players.Its just a shame they didn't use sold gold cases as well.
The hamiltons are very impressive on the wrist ,just look at some old kojak clips for the wrist shots!

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions