It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:57

Pulsar Touch Command range.

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Pulsar Touch Command range.

Post02 May 2011, 12:55

I've had the camera out this morning so i thought id take a few shots of the watches i keep on my retro table. I had my Pulsar pouch boxes out with some of the later TC range so id thought i would share the images.
I hope you enjoy.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

: Pulsar Touch Command range.

Post02 May 2011, 14:06

8-) Superb 8-)

What's the story behind the 10 Pulsars in the beige Pulsar tray? With the dusty crystals they look like a tray of jewellers old stock.

Have you ever photographed your complete collection?

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 May 2011, 14:16

Nice, any pics of you hamilton collection?

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: : Pulsar Touch Command range.

Post02 May 2011, 14:45

bucko170 wrote:8-) Superb 8-)

What's the story behind the 10 Pulsars in the beige Pulsar tray? With the dusty crystals they look like a tray of jewellers old stock.

Have you ever photographed your complete collection?

The dusty Pulsar are just some junkers to fill up the tray. I've never photographed the whole collection, just in parts.

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 May 2011, 14:47

holly35 wrote:Nice, any pics of you hamilton collection?

I don't think i have any Hamilton's at the moment apart from the P-1. I like them, but never seem to keep them.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post02 May 2011, 19:16

Most Impressive Mr. Frequency. :o Thanks for sharing. 8-)

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 May 2011, 20:43

Mr. Frequency,

Do you wear a watch and if so, what watch(es) do you wear on a regular basis?

-abe.

p.s.
Weren't you in an Antiques Roadshow video saying that you don't normally wear a watch?

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 May 2011, 23:30

abem wrote:Mr. Frequency,

Do you wear a watch and if so, what watch(es) do you wear on a regular basis?

-abe.

p.s.
Weren't you in an Antiques Roadshow video saying that you don't normally wear a watch?

Yes it was me on the Roadshow,( I still cringe when i watch it ), and your correct i don't often wear a watch :-D I bought a Citizen LCD calculator to wear a few months, ( I cant believe i bought a LCD ), and i don't really wear that either. It seems i just love to look at them.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post02 May 2011, 23:39

Ahhh, so that was you who was in the Antiques Roadshow clip Mr Frequency.
No need to feel embarssed - you did a great job representing 'the community' and had a great selection of LED watches to show off. I only wish they would have given you more time. Maybe you can do a "Part Two" featuring vintage LCD watches! :idea:

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 May 2011, 23:40

I really like that little Road Show story and thought that you were an excellent "spokesperson" for digital watch collectors. Seriously. It's one of my favorites and not just because of the watches.

-abe.

I also had my wife watch the episode to catch the bit about your wife's shoe collection equaling out your watch affliction. :-)

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 May 2011, 08:29

Quote" it was me on the Roadshow".

Just curious as to why your profile states location lancaster 1972? When your in the uk. :?:

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 May 2011, 10:11

holly35 wrote:Quote" it was me on the Roadshow".

Just curious as to why your profile states location lancaster 1972? When your in the uk. :?:

Well Lancaster was where the Hamilton Factory was, and 1972 was the year when the first LED came out. So that's the place i want to live :mrgreen:

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 May 2011, 10:15

abem wrote:I really like that little Road Show story and thought that you were an excellent "spokesperson" for digital watch collectors. Seriously. It's one of my favorites and not just because of the watches.

-abe.

I also had my wife watch the episode to catch the bit about your wife's shoe collection equaling out your watch affliction. :-)

Many thanks abe. I spoke nervously for around 15 min on the Road show, and in places it didn't seem to cut that well. I got asked a question, and some answers didn't seem to flow that well. I just wish i didn't wear that shirt on the day :~#

planetlcd

Techie

Techie

Post03 May 2011, 10:59

Mr Frequancy, Myself and my Nephew would like to thank you for that Road Show Story, you did a great job Mate and should put it back on youtube.......

You said when you were a kid you pressed the button until it wore out to see the red glow, that's what I did and still do :mrgreen:

That Breitling LED in the video, is that the one you sold and regret ?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post03 May 2011, 20:04

Lloyd(Mr. Freq.) - the shirt was fine, it fit the whole genre/theme. 8-)

I am am amused to find that you, like myself, don't wear them that much. For me it's physical(bothered by jangling things on my body) and[my lack of] personal care. Safest bet for a timepiece to make it out alive with me is a plasitc TI LED, stuck in my pants pocket. :lol:

Nice collection!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 May 2011, 20:37

planetlcd wrote:Mr Frequancy, Myself and my Nephew would like to thank you for that Road Show Story, you did a great job Mate and should put it back on youtube.......

You said when you were a kid you pressed the button until it wore out to see the red glow, that's what I did and still do :mrgreen:

That Breitling LED in the video, is that the one you sold and regret ?

I'm so glad you liked it. It really was an ambition to get on the roadshow with my watches. Even though the production crew knew i was coming they could not guarantee i would be filmed, or even aired.
Yes, the Breitling on the Road show is the one i sold, that was in the Arena Magazine...... doh' :oops:

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 May 2011, 20:39

retroleds wrote:Lloyd(Mr. Freq.) - the shirt was fine, it fit the whole genre/theme. 8-)

I am am amused to find that you, like myself, don't wear them that much. For me it's physical(bothered by jangling things on my body) and[my lack of] personal care. Safest bet for a timepiece to make it out alive with me is a plasitc TI LED, stuck in my pants pocket. :lol:

Nice collection!

Yep Ed we are the same. Most of my collection are in a condition that i would be afraid to wear. So i buy cheaper worn LED's to wear, then never wear them. I just love to take pictures and smell the boxes...... hahahaha.

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions