It is currently 15 May 2024, 03:19

A real bargain: Bulova N6 Computron

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

A real bargain: Bulova N6 Computron

Post14 Jun 2012, 17:10

Hi everybody! Some days ago (around the 10th), a friend of mine who lives in Parma told me that he seen something that I might have liked at an antiques store.
I asked him to go to the store and take a picture of the object, and what he showed me left literally amazed:

it was a Bulova N6 Computron in amazing conditions! Although, the watch didn't have the original strap nor the original box (it was kept into a padded wooden box),
but the overall conditions were great:

-No scratches on the crystal

-Very little scratches on the case, but they're hardly visible unless you look it very close

The only drawback was that the watch didn't have batteries in it. So, I've asked to my friend if he could've bought it for me, and he did so.
When I've told him to buy the watch for me, I was thinking that I wouldn't have been able to afford it, but when he said the price, my face was stuck in a similar way to this smilie -> :eek:

50 euros!

A Bulova Computron in well-kept conditions for sale at just 50 euros? I couldn't resist and I've told him to buy it for me. He shipped it the 11th, and I got it just today.

Here are the pictures of the watch itself. Judging by the price, I think I've really done a bargain, judging by the average price of a Drivers watch, which is very high. :eek:

Here are the pictures, hope you like it, while I'm waiting for a beautiful hexagonal Compu Chron watch, I can't stop looking at the Computron I've received today! :-D

Image Image

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: A real bargain: Bulova N6 Computron

Post14 Jun 2012, 18:23

we need bargains to keep our addiction going :-D , but this is a nice one..congrats.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post14 Jun 2012, 18:50

Thank you Kasper! When my friend told me the price I was quite surprised, since I've never seen such a watch with such a low price. But that price was probably due to the untested condition of the watch, the owner of the antiques shop sold it as it was. The good thing is that I've been lucky, and it works like a charm. :-D

(Although I can say that I've risked a bit, if the watch wouldn't have worked that would've been a little problem for me! ~:( )
Image Image

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post14 Jun 2012, 22:06

A bulova computron is the watch that got me addicted to collecting drivers watches..and now other LED/LCD digital watches.
Simply magnificent, your such a lucky man..well worth the 50 spent.

:-D
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post14 Jun 2012, 22:06

A bulova computron is the watch that got me addicted to collecting drivers watches..and now other LED/LCD digital watches.
Simply magnificent, your such a lucky man..well worth the 50 spent.

:-D
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post14 Jun 2012, 22:33

Glad you like it Cesar! And definitely, I'm satisfied by this beautiful watch (I always wanted one since many years ago), and I feel lucky that it started working right after the batteries were placed, since I've risked a bit when my friend bought it for me, as the watch was sold untested (like I've said before). Apart from the missing original box and strap (it probably had a lizard strap previously), the watch is amazing and fits great on my wrist. Can't wait to keep it on my wrist for an entire day! :-D
Image Image

Mister Tawny

Geek

Geek

Post09 Aug 2012, 19:17

I like the band on it. I have to say it is prolly more comfortable than the original metal bracelet that was possibly on there.

Do you find when you wear it people insist on looking it over and asking a ton of questions? I know a few people I have interested in the hobby just by looking at my watch and I've only worn it a couple of times. My old N6 got the same response. People just love to ask about it and want to know where to get one. It's too bad there are no reproductions of these watches because I am sure they would sell out quickly. BTW great buy for 50 euros.
My collection:

Pulsar P1, P2 Date, 3 P3's 2 in SS and one in 10K GF, Gent's dress in SS
6 Bulova Driver's watches 4 in 10K GF and 2 in two tone
Majestyk I and II
3 Vostok military watches
Poljot 3133 Chronograph
Wakmann Valjoux 730
Tudor 7934, 7802
Accutron A26B35
Seiko Sports 50
Benrus Oval
Hamilton Savitar II, Pacer and Ventura
Orient Star automatic

More to come...

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Aug 2012, 19:22

Thank you Mr.Tawny! Yes, it was definitely a great bargain, and my first one, especially because it was untested, and sprung back to life with just a new pair of batteries.
Despite the strap isn't the original croc one, it looks good on the watch, and it's very comfortable, although it's quite thin.
Perhaps it's a paradox, but everytime I wear my Driver people don't ask me questions about, nor they look at it. Perhaps it doesn't attract a lot of attention, I'll check out their reaction when people will see my recently acquired P2 on my wrist. :-P
Image Image

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Aug 2012, 20:23

Mister Tawny wrote: It's too bad there are no reproductions of these watches because I am sure they would sell out quickly..

There are some reproductions - Fossil made some about 10 years ago, addidas branded in 4 varieties. Only 1000 made of each type I belive but they do pop on Ebay now and again. One finished recently see - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290753865914? ... K:MEWAX:IT

The 2 metal bracelet versions are of very good quality. Ed at Retroleds has one of the black strap varieties for sale at a good price.

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions