It is currently 13 May 2024, 05:04

Seiko F231 arrived - does anyone have setting instruction

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Seiko F231 arrived - does anyone have setting instruction

Post23 Aug 2012, 17:28

This arrived today. Its very thin and light and barely feels as though you are wearing a watch. Condition is very good overall with a little mark here and there. When I get round to cleaning and polishing I'm sure it will be really good. Shows hours, minutes and seconds and on the press of the right hand button (marked Set) day and date for 2 seconds. As far as I can tell that's it.

When it arrived the whole display was flashing which I assume means its ready for a new battery (It's the one size I don't have in so will need to get one) however I have been unable to set it. The right hand Set button only changes from time to date and the left hand set button appears to do nothing. It appears that the previous owner didn't know also as the minutes and date are wrong which leads me to wonder if the Select button is not working. Can anyone help? I've found the parts/service manual but this does not state how to set and change the watch.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Seiko F231 arrived - does anyone have setting instructio

Post23 Aug 2012, 20:44

just hold the 2 buttons till you can get the set sign.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Seiko F231 arrived - does anyone have setting instructio

Post26 Aug 2012, 20:01

Thanks Kasper - unfortunately that did not work. The display is flashing which means the battery needs changing (I've ordered a new one). Do you know if the low battery warning would stop the setting of the watch or is it more likely to be a non working button?

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions