It is currently 10 May 2024, 22:54

incoming, one led, five lcd's

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

incoming, one led, five lcd's

Post29 Aug 2012, 21:02

Some cool watches I "won" :)

Bulova led, not working

One russian elektronika5, working, and the seller said he'd throw a broken one in the package, free :)

One broken Microma

one working microma

And a "provita" which should have a early esa lcd module :)

and a seiko :)

Now the long wait begins :)

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: incoming, one led, five lcd's

Post29 Aug 2012, 23:33

i like the working microma (i have the same here) and the provita..don't know that one..never heard of it.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Adam

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Aug 2012, 16:31

You beat me on the damaged Microma, that's the earliest LCD around 1975. I have a NOS one here, you'll love the quality. I think thats a working ESA 9315 in the Provita, I hadnt heard of it either.

Adam
http://www.digital-watch.com - online database of 2000+ watches, manuals and adverts from the 70s-90s
http://www.vintagelcd.com - Vintage Digital Watches for sale

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Aug 2012, 17:12

Cool :)
Sorry I beat you with that microma, it might be a "long term project" if the lcd screen is really dead. Regarding the ESA 9315, check out the kubela I'm showing in the vintage lcd and dsm section :)

quietman

Techie

Techie

Post31 Aug 2012, 16:39

I bought an Arctos crown operated LCD watch a while ago and in researching that watch the name Provita popped up quite a lot. Provita were one of two German companies (along with Arctos, both from Pforzheim) that developed some of the pioneering European DSM and FE LCD watches. Along with BWC (Swiss but selling largely to Germany) they developed a series of movements 575 DSM, 575 FE, 675 FE and 775 FE that were variously used from 1972/3 through to 1977 or later.

The Provita pictured here is clearly made with an ESA 9315 (and so is marked as Swiss - circa 1976). Like a lot of companies back then they obviously didn't put all of their eier in one korb.

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions