It is currently 13 May 2024, 14:14

Lates Flea market catch

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

Phasar66

Wizard

Wizard

Lates Flea market catch

Post23 Sep 2012, 00:48

I got lucky last week, found this nice Wittnauer Polara, it was durty and
the screen was cloudy, I always carry batteries and a case opener just in case,
The seller wanted 25 dollars, I asked for permission to test with new batteries
the seller agree, The watch was working to my surprise. Back home I gave it a
total clean, removed the time screen to clean the cloudiness and started to look very nice.
I'm not much into small watches but this one is nice. I has a nice 25mm. HA module
with the DOW and leap year feature, the digits look biggger than the older 29mm.
never seen one like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BENRUS

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Lates Flea market catch

Post23 Sep 2012, 01:16

NICE SCORE! Great looking watch, and great price! ;-)
I tend not to test "nice brand name" watches at this price point. I'm afraid they might change their mind about selling it at all, or raise the price knowing it now works. The Flea Market vendors I Buy/Trade with are allways out for their best intere$t.
Its like finding treasure still when they don't care what they have, and its priced to sell 8-)

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post23 Sep 2012, 07:43

Wow! An awesome catch for a bargain price! After it's been cleaned it almost looks like new, congrats for the find! :-D

Why there aren't flea markets like these in Italy...? :O`~
Image Image

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post23 Sep 2012, 20:32

There's one in Sorrento, we were there on holiday last year (what a beautiful country!), lots of interesting stuff there, some nice watches too, but sadly no LEDs.

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post23 Sep 2012, 21:42

Yep, sadly here in Italy there's not a real "culture" of the LED watch. Most of the collectors here in my country are more inclined to collect analog watches, despising whatever doesn't have hands. The only digital watches that have a (very small) following in Italy are the LCD ones, rather than the LEDs, mostly 'cause the LED ones have never been popular in Italy, due to their high prices and some people who think that all the digital watches are something cheap and disposable, rather than high-tech products, which isn't correct, nor true. !@@!

Thanks god there are few people who think differently and have been stung by the LED or the digital bug, and are here! :-D
Image Image

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions