It is currently 12 May 2024, 04:04

Latest Trio of additions

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Latest Trio of additions

Post17 Feb 2013, 17:47

It has been a little quiet lately on purchases and then in the last few weeks 3 come my way at once.

Trio.JPG

First to arrive was the Omega 1620 LCD which was only made in 1977. Has similar if not the exact braclet to the Omega Digital 2 LED in my avatar. Sold as spares or repairs but all that needed fixing were a few sticky buttons and the clasp would not close but is now sucure.

Omega 1620.JPG

Then 2 concords flew in. The goldtone version followed by the less seen stainless steel. They would appear from the setting to be Hughes modules but as they are both pressbacks I do not want to open them until a battery change is needed. The stainless steel version has the leap year option and day of the week. There does not seem to be much information about these on the WWW but they appear very well made with heavy bracelets giving them a feel of luxery. Anyone know much more about these watches?

Concord GF.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ade51 on 17 Feb 2013, 18:02, edited 2 times in total.

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Latest Trio of additions

Post17 Feb 2013, 17:48

Concord SShome.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post17 Feb 2013, 22:05

Three nice catches Ade, the LED Concords are my favourites :mega:

There is a interesting discussion on the Concord LED watch along with some photo's here: http://www.dwf.cc/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=346

One of the advertisements shows the watches along side a Hughes module so I suspect your suspicions about the module will prove to be correct, hmmm would be nice for you to have found another 18k version ;-) :eek:

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post17 Feb 2013, 22:23

Thanks Mick, unfortunately it's only 18kt gold plated but still a very nice watch.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post18 Feb 2013, 23:35

three keepers, that for sure. yeah the concords are special ones...very nice catch :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post19 Feb 2013, 17:13

Thanks Kasper,

I must admit that the Concords are very appealing. I would certainly like to find other variations of their LEDs. has anyone got any different styles/finishes? If so could you post a picture.

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions