It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:32

Pulsar P2 14k gf + Casio C-80

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

cte

Techie

Techie

Pulsar P2 14k gf + Casio C-80

Post19 Feb 2015, 23:29

Warning, 56k modem overload alert. Lots of pics lol. :grin1:

I won't be keeping these long, so I thought I would post some snaps.

P2 14k gf. I have quite enjoyed wearing this over the past few days. Not in perfect condition, but still quite lovely. The module it came with was dead, so I'm using a module from another P2. Does anyone know if the box is a p2 box?

Next is a Casio C-80 from 1980. It's close to mint condition except for a small scratch on the silver "PM" button and also the back case is beat up in the corner where it gets opened up. I bought it as spares/repairs being that the module was classed as dead. Comparing the dead module with another C-80 module I have, I noticed a small round white slip of insulating plastic was missing from where the battery cover sits. I made one myself and it now runs perfectly. Not as pretty as a P2, but still a significant piece for Casio.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Pulsar P2 14k gf + Casio C-80

Post20 Feb 2015, 10:46

Very nice shots. it's a pity you have to sell them..both are collectors items. Remember how proud you were when wearing a calculator watch back in the 80 ,s. :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

cte

Techie

Techie

Re: Pulsar P2 14k gf + Casio C-80

Post20 Feb 2015, 12:49

Thanks Kasper. :D

Oh yes, I was a total 80's geek with digital watches, particularly calculator or special function casios. I would get all excited on birthdays/Christmas if I got a wrapped present in the distinctive shape of a Casio box lol. :roll:

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions