It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:35

Orient Touchtron

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

nick0123

Techie

Techie

Orient Touchtron

Post20 Feb 2015, 01:38

Don't see too many of these (particularly down my way) so this was a nice find, particularly in working condition.

orient01.jpg

orient2.jpg

Tend to lean more toward vintage LCDs so don't probably won't hold onto it for long, but am enjoying the change.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Orient Touchtron

Post20 Feb 2015, 10:53

Kids really love it :-D , you could try to get the markings stand out with a silver pen. Great watch thats for sure..first touchwatches ever made..so maybe keep it in your collection :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post20 Feb 2015, 18:11

Very cool and rare! I agree with Kasper, some watches you'll sell and regret forever, not much chance of finding another one...

nick0123

Techie

Techie

Post21 Feb 2015, 10:52

Very true guys - I'd love it a lot more if I could smarten up the white text on the crystal. The word ORIENT isn't too bad, but the insignia kind of looks like it's there by mistake - like an accidental mark. In the right light I can see it's all there but to enhance it would be great.

Kasper, you mention a silver pen - can you elaborate on that? Is it a write-over-the-faded-bits-roughly-then-wipe-off-the-excess or is it more like get some loupe glasses with LED lights and an ultra fine pen (or needle) and painstakingly try and draw in the missing bits? And do you need a special type of silver pen for this?

I'm committed to improving the case at least - the brushed finish has been polished but leaving scratches so I'll look at a scotchbrite or scratch brush to try and improve that.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post21 Feb 2015, 12:29

When the logo or other markings are indented into the crystal it is easy to use an artists type paint pen to fill in the logo.

The artists paint pens are available in a variety of finishes such as gold, silver, white, black and copper, and it is very easy to achieve good results, the method I use is to roughly paint over the entire logo, allow to dry and then polish away the excess.

However it only works on logos that are indented into the crystal so unfortunately it will not work with the Orient watch you have photographed.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post21 Feb 2015, 13:10

i just checked my Orient...dam it's painted on. I would buy the cheapest vintage orient analogue watch i could find and cut the nice red with gold or silver? logo out of the backplate and glued it on the red crystal.
Better then nothing and i bet it will look pretty cool with the 3d logo on top :-D

this one for example...or a silver one
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Replacement-dial-for-Orient-SK-crystal-automatic-Japanese-watch-/191272624040?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2c88bc9fa8
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions