It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:28

Seiko S234-5000 (Red Pulsemeter) + Jumbo calc watch

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

cte

Techie

Techie

Seiko S234-5000 (Red Pulsemeter) + Jumbo calc watch

Post05 Mar 2015, 00:00

The first one I have two of. The lcd display on one of them, dims/misses parts of the digits. Also, I am not sure how to set either of them. The "set" button appears to do nothing on both which seems strange. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. No idea of their age.

Anyway, they are 100% geek. Right up my alley :grin1:

(Edit: I found to set it you need to push the set button in deep with a small screwdriver etc. it must be fairly old as the date starts at 1981 and does not recognise 2015)

Seiko S234-5000.

There is usually some confusion around the various Seiko pulse models and the film Aliens. I am pretty sure this is the one in the movie, except of course it's in red and has the resin Seiko strap instead of a Velcro one.

Everything works well. The pulse does the job great (as long as you keep still). I have been measuring my pulse with my phone and the results are pretty much the same.

I don't think there is a manual online for this module version... :scratch: If anyone can help me with this, I would be most grateful... when in pulse mode, if you press the "select" button, it brings up a little cross with an alarm graphic around it. I cant figure out what this does? It's not covered in the older module manual on dwf. I am curious. If anyone knows, please post. Thanks. :mrgreen:

I have cut and applied a screen protector on the glass. It might be noticeably lifting on the far left and right edges in the pics.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Seiko S234-5000 (Red Pulsemeter) + Jumbo calc watch

Post05 Mar 2015, 12:32

Wow, 2 nice pieces..love the calculator.

the red seiko pulse is pretty rare in that condition. If i remember correct, you can set an alarm if your pulse is higher then a certain value. I have to look it up...i will come back to you if i find it :-D

Very nice shots..thanks.
:dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

cte

Techie

Techie

Post05 Mar 2015, 13:10

As always Kasper, thanks for looking and sharing nice comments. :grin1:

I think you have hit the nail on the head, regarding the heart rate alarm. The watch originally came with ecg style wires (that I don't have) that enabled the watch to track heart rate without having to hold the watch button. So you could go running for example and it would track your heart rate hands free. The heart rate alarm makes sense in that scenario. Thank you!! :mrgreen:

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post11 Mar 2015, 11:54

you're welcome :-D :dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

cte

Techie

Techie

Post11 Mar 2015, 12:02

Wow, so 80's. :mega: I can picture myself (looking very cool) with all that strapped to myself at work! :grin1: M:)W:)M

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions