It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 08:57

Zeon CyberX "Smartwatch" - cca 1999

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Zeon CyberX "Smartwatch" - cca 1999

Post05 Jun 2017, 23:07

As some of You may know, I am on a quest to complete the line of the "true" precursors of the present-day smartwatches on my small collection...E.G. early digital watches that had direct communications with early computers or even wireless communication with some sensors or some input devices (e.g. keyboards, heart rate monitors etc etc), early PIM/PDA (Personal Information Managers/Personal Digital Assistants) watches with some serial/IRDA interfaces with the computers etc etc... :grin1:
So, what I will try to present to You now is an early PIM/PDA watch which is really a "missing link" between the Timex/Microsoft Datalink (1994) PIM watches, Seiko Ruputer (1998) and the Fossil Abacus (2001-2004) Palm/Wrist computers:
My newest watch...The almost unknown Zeon Tech CyberX PDA watch (cca 1999)..
It had:
- a DOT MATRIX display of roughly 30x15 pixels + some other display areas on the LCD using a regular non dot-matrix display!
- time, calendar (up to 2039), daily alarm, 1/100 chronograph with multi split/laps
- schedule (max 50 records)
- phone and e-mail addresses (up to 250)
- personal data/medical records (up to 13)
- information storage including travel, sports, entertainment, websites
- various animated graphics images on displays :grin1:
- bidirectional serial communication with computers running Win 95/98 OS (note:or beyond using virtualisation :grin1: )
etc etc
Please see the photos below:
Regards,
:dwf:
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Zeon CyberX "Smartwatch" - cca 1999

Post05 Jun 2017, 23:31

And, as I have already mentioned in another post about the Zeon Moon Graph watch:
"What it is even more interesting is that the Zeon UK have become today an important player in watch industry, being not only the UK's largest importer and distributor of timepieces, but also the owner of some quite important Brands, including the highly appreciated Pierre Nobs brand VENTURA, famous for its High-Tech watches (since 2009)!!! " :grin1:
Please read more below:
http://www.europastar.com/news/10040410 ... aunch.html
http://www.zeonltd.co.uk/world-renowned-own-brand
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post20 Jun 2017, 20:00

"spare battery in keychain provided" they had powerbanks even in the late 90 M:)W:)M

great find, never seen before. I have a few watches from Zeon, most of then very good quality. maybe we have to do a Zeon threat.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post21 Jun 2017, 15:16

Thanks Kasper for Your kind words... :Prost:
By the way...the same keychain with a spare battery may be found in the genuine Seiko Ruputer (1998) package... (as you've said...early version of a "powerbank"?!? M:)W:)M )
Indeed, a separate thread about Zeon watch may be interesting, at least if we may consider how they have struggled to put some "high-tech" watches on the market in late 80''s- 90's :grin1: , e.g. :
Zeon Radio FM - a "legitimate copy" of the unique Madison FM Radio watch:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8378
Zeon MoonGraph watch:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8482
Zeon Tech CyberX PDA watch...
etc etc...
...and I am sure that You and some other members may contribute also with some interesting Zeon watches...
Regards,

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post22 Jun 2017, 13:10

I do not recall that one, but wish I had tried it out then.

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jun 2017, 23:32

Thanks Ronaldheld, and YES it's a pity that more people/customers have not tried or even bought these Zeon Tech CyberX watches in UK (because it seems that they were not launched Worldwide :( ), at the time when they have appeared (cca 1999-2000).
Probably the (early) history of modern smartwatches will be more rich, continuous and maybe even enhanced to more present expectations versus less money :grin1: , if these Zeon Tech PC connected/PIM/PDA watches would have been more successful, at least in UK - if not WorldWide - in 1999/2000... :grin1:
Regards,
:dwf:

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions