It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:06

What watch are you wearing?

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

Handy

Techie

Techie

What watch are you wearing?

Post14 Jul 2007, 18:03

We need to encourage more people to post on this forum.
I'm sure that there are many of us who wear an LED watch at least once a week.
Why not have a "What watch are you wearing today?" thread once a week? Maybe on a Friday or Saturday. This would be open to LED or LCD watches.

Would anyone be interested?

I think that showing off our watches may generate more interest within our community.

Thanks for reading this.

Cheers,
Ian
Site admin interjects: Ian, I renamed your post to maybe start something like that....I also changed the name of our Digital Gallery. Truth is, summertime(Northern Hemisphere) is a slow time...people are busy. Fall & winter get cranking...second highest number online was in January...both it and the current high point are right after we had been offline for a few days. Apparently people started having digital cravings :lol: :lol: 8)

Handy

Techie

Techie

: What watch are you wearing?

Post18 Jul 2007, 00:21

Well,

I sincerely hope that we can get this going sometime soon.
This is probably a bad time of the year for LED watches, as they can be tricky to read in the bright sunlight. Fortunately, well sort of, the weather has been a bit damp in the UK so no problems here.

Cheers,

Ian

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post19 Jul 2007, 16:26

This is an excellent idea, it always gets lots of hits in other watch forums and as soon as I'm able to transfer photos from my Canon to Vista I'll get mine up! That could be a while as canon have completely failed to update their drivers. I've found the only LEDs usable in nice weather are my P2 and M1. Of course if I wore an LCD there would be no problems :idea: C'mon folks, help handy out and get snapping :!:

collector

Techie

Techie

Post19 Jul 2007, 17:01

In response to Handy's post;

Because of the difficulty of reading LED's in the summer sun, I wear my Junghans Mega 1000 LCD full time, except when I go to either antique malls or out to dinner. It really is easy to read in the full sun. The brighter the sun, the easier it is to read.

In all fairness, I must say the one exception to the poor summer outdoor "visability" problem is my Blue LED "Majestyk One", its display is simply awesome! The Red model is nice also but the blue one blows it away (IMO). But, I generally just leave these two on display (special personal meaning of watch). Same for my other LED's, just display them in the summer. Very rarely wear them except;

For antiquing, I put on a Plusar P2, it generates comments from some dealers and on very rare occasions, I have used it to shut up some dealers who try to give you a load of bull about some worthless LED watch they are pedaling.

For dinner outings, I like to wear the Seiko 515 calculator watch. Use it to figure out tips or bill totals as two of my favorite resturants don't bother to give you a check with totals on it (need to bring check to the cash register).

In the winter all LED's are fair game to be worn at any time!!

The watches I NEVER EVER wear are by Bulova Accutron Spaceviews. Yes, I know these are not digital but they are my favorites and I simply could not bear to have them marred / damaged in any way! Display only for these!!

jing

Post23 Mar 2008, 00:23

I am wearing an LCD watch, a Casio G-9000 G-Shock. Thought LEDs are better read in sunlight. Since quite awhile since I have an LED watch, would like to have one. Unfortunately can't find one where I live.

f.e.a.r

Techie

Techie

Post23 Mar 2008, 02:48

Strange one this, Ive owned and sold literally thousands of watches but never wear one :shock: . "Bus mans" holiday syndrome, I love them but dont wanna wear one on my day off.

aladdin_sane

Geek

Geek

Post19 Apr 2008, 13:52

I'm wearing my blue Majestyk M - 1.

jov

Post09 Oct 2008, 23:57

I am wearing a Suunto Vector with a "reversed" lcd (black background). I love its form and functionality. 8-)

Return to General Discussion