It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:30

Any Radio Hams on here?

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

Handy

Techie

Techie

Any Radio Hams on here?

Post18 Jul 2007, 00:35

Just wondering :wink:

DE Ian G1DRP

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

: Any Radio Hams on here?

Post18 Jul 2007, 04:05

Do you mean 73 magazine? If so there was a full page ad in atleast one issue back in the 70.s as well as OMNI,Popular Science,Popular elecrtonics.PopularMechanics,Science news,Science and Mechanics,Discover.Guns&Ammo.Home video,Playboy,Signature,Solar age,Esquire,Various airline mags,Delta,American Airlines,Eastern,TWA etc.Thats about half without mentioning high end gift magazines.

Anyhow it is Radio people from the 50,s and 60,s that helped adapt (PLL (Phase locked loop) circuitry into micro electronic Integrated circuits.In the early 60,s my dad used PLL cicuits for military Radios while working at Dare(Dayton Aviation&Radio Equipment).He was hired by DARE because they bought his patent for a wide space dual channel two way Radio(an early mobile phone unit)

For that matter we could stretch back to a Frenchmen in the early 1930,s using PLL. See Wikipedia. Edit Whoops! it was British researchers with an aticle in a French Journal. Btw I myself am not a Hamy and did not realize 73 in Ham lingo means Best Regards.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Higgie

Site Sponsor

Site Sponsor

: Any Radio Hams on here?

Post18 Jul 2007, 20:09

Retired, but the antennas still in place, and the transceiver covered with dust :oops:

73's PE3HIG

Return to General Discussion