It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:20

Watches on the homepage

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author
ChazD

Watches on the homepage

Post28 Jul 2007, 15:21

Hi all, who made the watches at the top of the page? I havent ever seen a blue led watch! Has anyone one for sale?
Thanks
Chaz

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: Watches on the homepage

Post28 Jul 2007, 18:43

ChazD wrote:Hi all, who made the watches at the top of the page? I havent ever seen a blue led watch! Has anyone one for sale?
Thanks
Chaz

The one to the left is a Synchronar, developed by the genious inventor Roger Riehl who unfortunately passed away. Its a marvel in every way, so much ahead of its time, so many functions, solar charging batteries, stop watch, and and and. Besides the pulsar series one of the most wanted watches of the LED era.

The one to the right is a watch designed and manufactured by a member here, Mayestik. Its mayestyks answer to this unforgotten era of brilliant digital watches.

If you want a Synchronar you best contact Synchroserious (Howard Riehl), a member here and son of the famous Roger Riehl.

For a Mayestik MK-I (I hope thats right) you can contact Mayestik, another member here.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

: Watches on the homepage

Post29 Jul 2007, 19:11

Fronz has pretty much answered the question.The Synchronar on the left is a working MK I and courtesy of Peter Wenzig.The same photo can be seen at various sites covering the history of LED watches such as PC magazine and Techweb encyclopedia.Not IEE times as they are still behind the times and not aware of the Synchronar being what it is. Thanks Ed for the new photo,it is a fresh realistic look.I was turned off by the previous SS with red added to appear as if it was gold.

If you like the Blue display I would suggest ordering one from Majestic.
If you want a classic red display there are plenty to choose from in the same price range as the Majestic.If your new to collecting you may want to start with one of them as the Synchronar is very high end and due to the low supply of parts and the complications in assembly so is the price.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Return to General Discussion