It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:42

Psst, yeah you - want to buy some batteries?

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Psst, yeah you - want to buy some batteries?

Post15 Feb 2008, 15:41

"Batterybob.com" has the Maxell LR43W, #357, silver oxide batteries(160 ma, high drain) in an OME tray of 1000 for $.73 apiece! I bought a smaller tray of 100 and as "BatteryBob" stated, the manufacturer date was less than 3 months before - nice and fresh. I was wondering if some/any of our members would like to go in on a pack. Even if I charge $6-7 for shipping, buying just 3-4 would have you in the "black"(ahead) over store prices. I wouldn't be marking them up at all, I would like to get the discount so I wouldn't even be tempted by the cheaper alkalines I sometimes buy. They hold 90-95 of their charge after 3-4 years, so they really are a good deal. If I get a couple of takers I will order a pack.

Some of you guys have dozens of watches...just think, 50 name brand silver oxides for $45-50 with shipping vs. $200-250 in the store. :shock:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

xevious

Geek

Geek

: Psst, yeah you - want to buy some batteries?

Post15 Feb 2008, 17:57

Have you also checked Mouser.com? They've got great prices on batteries with shipping costs just a little above average.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=gSSIpVhvwUk79J%2f%252bbcsVhQ%3d%3d

I just received a shipment of batteries from them... picked up 1-2 cells per battery type. They arrived in a firm cardboard box with each set of blister pack cells in separate labeled ziplock baggies. They're based in Texas and it took just 4 days from order to arrival in NJ.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: Psst, yeah you - want to buy some batteries?

Post15 Feb 2008, 19:13

[EDITED]
Xevious - yeah, Mouser is great...I just ordered some epoxy and other stuff from them yesterday. Darn :x - last time I looked their prices were higher, looks like they can beat batterybob.com by maybe a slim margin, even including the shipping. And those batteries are rated HIGHER. Well, glad I brought this up - now we know two places for a great deal on batteries.

B.B. says he can beat anyone's prices....hmmm, should I challenge his claim? :o
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to General Discussion