It is currently 23 May 2024, 05:55

Frustrating neighbors - try to top these a-holes

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Frustrating neighbors - try to top these a-holes

Post31 Aug 2010, 02:08

I have these lovely neighbors who live at the entrance to our "private drive" - a dirt, 6-7 meter wide street, in the middle of farm land. So, anyway, these people think that no portion of the street should be on their land, despite their land deed and all of ours(9 households) showing a 60 foot(18.75 meter) wide road easement, shared equally by properties on each side of the road. Same easement in front of my home - wow, less grass to mow. :-)

We have had boulders cover with manure(they have horses) out in the road, steel poles, steel spikes, nails, rocks thrown at our vehicles and they have(apparently) tressapassed onto all of our properties at least once, chopping down trees and laying across the road, dumping manure on our front lawns and putting weed and plant killer chemicals around our plants.

A few days ago they put 6 foot(approx 2 meters) tall heavy steel poles into the road. So a group of neighbors and I called the police(again), then went down there with the intention of pulling the poles up. The neighbors were inteimidated by the cops double talk - I told them(cops) I wasn't armed and would not resiste, and would appreciate not being Tasered. Then I calmly started put on my gloves and went to work pulling the poles. The "friendly neighbors" came out, started screaming at me and the cops intervened, telling us all to go home. So I went home and am having me a beer+. Make me feel better, tell me your tale.

If I had A Rocket Launcher - the original video, with a much younger Bruce Cockburn.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2020962/v2154461
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

BENRUS

Wizard

Wizard

: Frustrating neighbors - try to top these a-holes

Post31 Aug 2010, 03:12

Any chance the same MAIL THIEVING B-TARDS that infiltrated your eBay win from me awhile back? I had even included for you a copy of that "Technical Manual" for all the original Phone Numbers, and address's for the LED Manufactures A to M list that you didn't have :-|
Rocket Launcher sounds about right!
You should let the Postal Police know about the missing mail issues, and you suspicion...Tampering, or opening First-Class Mail is a FEDERAL CRIME!
Good luck finding a solution... Maybe getting some Video Surveillance (Hidden) at the end of your drive might help ?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post31 Aug 2010, 15:00

Benrus: I had to install video surveillance with infra red and motion detection to get any rest And my mail is handled differently since that incident. The new infra red scope for the pellet rifle will give me a nice edge if they try "night stalking" again.

It's a real shame, you'd never have this in the city, everyone is too close together for this to go on long - since the potential for "negative interaction" increases as distance decreases. I thought people out in a rural area would be all "chilled" - oh no, they are much crazier than city people. At my previous home we weren't allowed to have fences, and I can't recall anyone getting into a snit over where the property ended and began. I look forward to the day I move from the place. Really sucks, it's a really nice house, I've made a lot of great improvements to it and I really like all the other neighbors.. I bought a piece of land a few miles away when this all started about 5 years ago....driveway is roughed in, underground utilities are there, I'm approved for sewer. The exit plan is in place. :-)

I was hoping someone would regale us with a tale of some equal or greater craziness. :lol:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Re: : Frustrating neighbors - try to top these a-holes

Post31 Aug 2010, 23:18

retroleds wrote:The new infra red scope for the pellet rifle will give me a nice edge if they try "night stalking" again.

Interesting Ed is this an air rifle type weapon, does the US have power restrictions on air guns, here in the UK we are only allowed 12lb/ft of energy for a .22... ;-) ;-) silenced as well by any chance. As you do...I keep one for vermin control... :-D

Your neighbours sound like a nightmare... :-?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post31 Aug 2010, 23:51

Klippie wrote:
retroleds wrote:The new infra red scope for the pellet rifle will give me a nice edge if they try "night stalking" again.

Interesting Ed is this an air rifle type weapon, does the US have power restrictions on air guns, here in the UK we are only allowed 12lb/ft of energy for a .22... ;-) ;-) silenced as well by any chance. As you do...I keep one for vermin control... :-D

Your neighbours sound like a nightmare... :-?

Don't know what the lb./ft. is, but it is rated as 1200 fps(feet per second), which I believe is the highest strength you can buy in the US. It will put 3 out of 4 pellets all the way through 1/2"(1 cm) 5 layer plywood. I took out a woodchuck today at about 30 yards. It was joyous, just leaned out the side door of the garage and saw him, leaned back in, loaded and plink! He struggled a few meters and gave it up. Nice lung/heart area shot. Nasty ass teeth on those things.

BENRUS

Wizard

Wizard

Post01 Sep 2010, 00:25

Speaking of the nasty woodchuck, They can tear some property up very quickly if you have one or two of them burrowing around your yard. I too lived in the backwoods/country of Michigan, and letting a few woodchucks hang around your property is like having a few more of those nasty neighbors you speak of! My caliber of choice for them was the 22LR, or a big ass SLUG! (Having a infra-red scope would be nice though!) ;-)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post01 Sep 2010, 01:08

BENRUS wrote: letting a few woodchucks hang around your property is like having a few more of those nasty neighbors you speak of![/URL]
At least the neighbors can't multiply any further! M:)W:)M Yeah, I had this neighbor at my previous place who had an old shed with a wooden floor, I think there weer a good dozen living under there when I moved there. Years later when my second wife was dying and I was staying home to take care of her, watching for a chance to kill one of them was a major diversion. A few times I went out and waited in these pine trees for an hour or so in the late afternoon, so I could get one when they started becoming active after their mid-day siesta. A most difficult target, since they are very vigilant and they rarely sit up for more than a second, unlike rabbits which sit there like they are posing for a portrait.

My oldest daughter got to help me skin one, just because she was curious(it was new to me too) - but I had skinned lot of musketrats when I was younger, since we could sell the pelts for $4-7. Which was good money for a teenager who would probably be out in the snow anyway. Buddy and I had bought some traps of an old man at a garage sale..... 8-)

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post01 Sep 2010, 23:58

retroleds wrote:just leaned out the side door of the garage and saw him, leaned back in, loaded and plink.

Christ...if I did that around here the armed plod would surround the house and I'd be on the local news as some gun wielding maniac you guys over there in the US don't know how good you have it, the UK has become really badly anti gun no that's not quite true its anti everything we can't even go for a tear around with our bikes and cars without speed cameras snapping every mph you go over the limit...I miss the 70's and 80's no one gave a shit it was great fun nobody bothered you unlike today... :cry:

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post02 Sep 2010, 00:47

We have it "good" here in the ol' USA Klippie- by comparison anyway. But I fear it's only for now..... we are progressing (if that's the word?) toward the same quasi-police state you are in IMO.
It's been said that the social (engineering) changes in the U.S are a genertion behind the UK...... unfortunaltey it seems accurate.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post02 Sep 2010, 02:07

Klippie wrote:Christ...if I did that around here the armed plod would surround the house

Based on recent history that doesn't happen until you have shot and killed at least a few people :x

Moat/Bird for example.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post02 Sep 2010, 04:16

Klippie wrote:Christ...if I did that around here the armed plod would surround the house

Well, we are only talking an air rifle (link below) , and the parcels here are about 100 meters wide and 160 meters deep. And my house is set particularly far back on the longer dimension, due to a utility easement across the front of the property. So chances are none of my neighbors hear or see much of this. And in this area, most people appreciate the killing of those varmit animals, as they generally just ruin plants, create holes that horses break legs in, and chew on things you have paid good money for. We had company over for a backyard party and apparently someone spilt some food on a lawn chair last year - I come out and there is a woodchuck chewing a major hole in the seat of the chair. Same problem with skunks(I worked very hard at eradicating them, don't want to walk into a skunk at night). Skunks are tricky, you don't want to shoot them and make them spray. So I trap them in a live trap and then spray them from a safe distance with ethyl glycol antifreeze. A few licks of their fur, a few hours, they are dead as shit without a squirt. Not very humane, but skunk spray is nothing to fool around with. A metal paint can is best to dispose of the body of a skunk - only glass or metal can contain the smell, it can penetrate most plastics within a few minutes.

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Gamo_Hunte ... 003854.htm

Return to General Discussion