It is currently 11 May 2024, 09:51

Info needed on vintage Casio digital racing-game watch

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Info needed on vintage Casio digital racing-game watch

Post07 Feb 2013, 02:27

I digged up a watch from my childhood -- Casio racing game watch! Its likely to be from around 1982 or so. The watch is still in decent condition. Unfortuniately there is a bleed in the LCD on one of the corners. The strap (not original) will need to be replaced since it looks like its going to crack any time soon. LOL

I haven't try to open it up and replace the better yet. I am planning on restoring and wear it proudly. :D

I am looking for information on the type of battery that it uses? Is the A/C reset contact easily identifiable? Any photo online with the caseback off? I don't think the caseback gasket can be sourced unless gasket from other recent models can retrofit in it.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Info needed on vintage Casio digital racing-game watch

Post07 Feb 2013, 20:52

just open it and the batt type will be revealed...i think it's a 2016

bleeding screens cannot be repaired..so be carefull not to let it bleed even more :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Re: Info needed on vintage Casio digital racing-game watch

Post08 Feb 2013, 02:13

If I can't find any battery information or module photo online, then I can only open it up to verify :)

I just wanted to have the correct type of battery ready when I open up the case.

Return to General Discussion