It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:11

My Updated Watch Gallery!

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

bucko170

Guru

Guru

My Updated Watch Gallery!

Post09 Mar 2013, 00:22

I have updated my watch gallery and included information about each piece, all the watches in my gallery have been weighed and measured so if you are looking for a watch and are wondering how it compares to others in size and weight then you might just be able to find the information you require in my gallery.

Please feel free to take a peak and of course feel free to leave a comment or vote for your favourite piece if you wish.

The weight of the watch shown represents the actual on the wrist weight so includes the batteries and the band, I thought this would be better after all there is not much point in wearing a battery powered watch without a battery in it and without a band it would just fall off the wrist. ;-)

I am a collector but a long way off being an expert so if you spot a mistake please let me know - no offence will be taken.

The link to my collection is saved as my signature and is shown below each of my posts.

My collection is pretty fluid, it has taken me a while to upload all the information to the gallery and I already have an additional nine watches to upload so tune in from time to time to view the recent additions.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: My Updated Watch Gallery!

Post09 Mar 2013, 03:14

Sweet Mick. It's what I consider that site great for (what the starter site www.ledwatches.net was created for) - a reference point and depository and a great place [possibly]for a collection to be showcased. As you know from my first attempts at a user gallery, one should not try to bend software into providing a function it was not intended for. I will try to get to kicking off some of the other database projects with a structure where they can be published and displayed for prosperity, not buried like a thread. Forum software is designed primarily for "discuss and toss."
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Mar 2013, 00:17

What a fantastic and very varied selection - so many I like but particularly the GPs, two tone Seemos, Lanco, JLC and Omegas. How long have you been seriously collecting and what was your first watch and current favourite?

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post10 Mar 2013, 00:46

Ade51 wrote:What a fantastic and very varied selection

Cheers Ade :-D

Ade51 wrote:.........I like the two tone Seemos

The two tone Seemos was originally all gold plated but it was worn through in places, it is an all stainless steel case so I was able to polish it back to expose the stainless steel, I was going to polish it all off and have it as a stainless steel watch but when I got part way through the job I noticed that the two tone effect looked good so decided to leave it as it was....and save myself a bit of hard work in the process.

Ade51 wrote:.... How long have you been seriously collecting?

I have been a member of the forum for coming up six years (Wow that flew) and joined here six or seven months after I started collecting, so I have been collecting around six years.

Ade51 wrote:..... what was your first watch?

My first watch was the Hughes 'Golden Doughnut', which I paid more than I should of done for.

Ade51 wrote:.... current favourite?

I would not be able to pick a favourite, I like them all, which is probably one of the reasons I have so many, the best I would be able to do would be to narrow it down to my top 40 or 50 but I think even that would be a struggle.

How's your collection coming along?......I know you also have an impressive collection, if you could find the time to upload the photo's it would be nice to be able to sneak a peak at yours, did you notice 'shinichirokusuno's' gallery he also has some nice watches, the Orients and Ricoh's that he has are especially nice.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post10 Mar 2013, 01:15

retroleds wrote:Sweet Mick. It's what I consider that site great for (what the starter site http://www.ledwatches.net was created for) - a reference point and depository and a great place [possibly]for a collection to be showcased. As you know from my first attempts at a user gallery, one should not try to bend software into providing a function it was not intended for. I will try to get to kicking off some of the other database projects with a structure where they can be published and displayed for prosperity, not buried like a thread. Forum software is designed primarily for "discuss and toss."

I also like the way that the photo's can be enlarged in the gallery, the second click on the photo enlarges the image to just the right size. :-D

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Mar 2013, 22:08

bucko170 wrote:
How's your collection coming along?......I know you also have an impressive collection, if you could find the time to upload the photo's it would be nice to be able to sneak a peak at yours,

Hi Mick and thanks for the info. I'm afraid that my collection pales in comparison to yours but I am pleased with what I have been able to find, in the last 20 months or so, which now stands at about 40. I've got some time off at Easter so will have a go uploading my collection to the gallery; if only my photographic skills were as good :eek:

I've not seen shinichirokusuno's gallery so will have a look now. I hope I'm not going to be drooling again :grin1:

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Mar 2013, 22:21

shinichirokusuno's gallery is well worth a look. Some fantastic Ricohs, most on my wanted list together with the Novus and a few others :mrgreen:

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post10 Mar 2013, 22:23

Ade51 wrote:shinichirokusuno's gallery is well worth a look. Some fantastic Ricohs, most on my wanted list together with the Novus and a few others :mrgreen:

They look to be in excellent condition as well. 8-)

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post11 Mar 2013, 02:37

"Shino" does have some great stuff. Unfortunately it is hard for him to join in on English sites due to language barrier. But he and I have been communicating through a translator. Sounds like a hard-work chap who makes careful selections. I've been helping him with repair tips and a few parts too. He'll be posting more pictures up, there was a little confusion about maximum picture and file size.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to General Discussion