It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:42

Light sensor Pulsar, Sanyo And others

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

Phasar66

Wizard

Wizard

Light sensor Pulsar, Sanyo And others

Post16 Jun 2013, 00:09

I have several Pulsars and Compuchrons with Light sensors, to be honest none of the pulsars and Compuchron seem to work properly, the ones that work, the response to light intensity is negligent, in other words hardly noticeably. But then I got this new to me Compuchron with the Sanyo module, A very nice NOS sample. To my surprice the light sensor work the way it supposed to work when new I think. It quickly responds to lighting conditions and the intensity increases according to ambient light up to a very bright and easy to read in daylight. If this was the way Pulsar also work when new or with the light sensor working properly that was something else but none of my pulsar work this way anymore and I'm talking 14 Pulsars in my collections. Not all was happiness with the new acquisition, not until I realize the light sensor was unresponsive on an environment
of the now familiar fluorescent light found everywhere. The darn thing is very hard to see under fluorescent and LED light, no problem under Incandescent lighting.
I'm thinking in disabling the sensor or better yet transplant it to a Pulsar module with bad sensor and have a pulsar the way it should work. After all the sensor look identical. Is this a bad Idea?

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Light sensor Pulsar, Sanyo And others

Post20 Jun 2013, 14:08

thats a very technical question...i wonder if someone can give an answer :-D bump ..it's back on top now after 5 days :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to General Discussion