It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:55

Jeff Thomas :: Sad News!

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Jeff Thomas :: Sad News!

Post09 Nov 2014, 23:24

I have just visited Michel's (Cobra007) facebook site to get the instructions for setting my Nixie tube watch following a battery change and learned the sad news that Jeff Thomas has passed away.. ..

.. .. "This is a truly sad day. Jeff Thomas, who most of us know as the inventor of the classic Nixisat, NixiChron, and countless other Nixie classics has passed away this 4th of July weekend. Jeff was also the inventor of the Nixie Watch. We have exchanged quit a few emails about nixie projects, a very helpful person and although I haven't met him in person, I regarded him as a friend. We will surely miss him and my condolences go out to his family. May his memory live on."

I had the privilege of meeting up with Jeff when he visited the UK back in 2011, a very clever and inspiring man who I always found to be very friendly and helpful - it is a sad loss for all and my condolences go out to his family also.

charger105

Guru

Guru

Re: Jeff Thomas :: Sad News!

Post10 Nov 2014, 10:46

Always interesting.
Always knowledgable.
Always helpful.
And injected a lot of humour into most of his posts. I wish they were still here.
RIP Jeff :bye: .

Diginut

Techie

Techie

Re: Jeff Thomas :: Sad News!

Post14 Nov 2014, 05:34

Very surprised and saddened to hear this. I too have exchanged numerous enjoyable emails with him about the 'good ol days'.

RIP Jeff

:-(

Return to General Discussion