It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:43

Need advice on a few remakes.

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Need advice on a few remakes.

Post14 Feb 2015, 14:21

Hi all,

i like to do a few special ones just to sharpen my mind and improve my capabilities :-D

this is a nice goldcolored pulsar led watch with working modules but i want to improve it with new glass and case remake.
All these glasses are to my disposal.

What do you think i have to do with the case and glass??? What do you want to see? Open your mind.

right and left from the pulsar are mineral glass with anti mirror. right is curved, left is flat
under and above pulsar are organic with gold anti-mirror or full gold mirror, both curved
or original red glass wit curved corners or sharp corners

Second question.

I've done a remake of this sicura installite but i have 2 others..the left one is the first i did with the blue leds.
What do you want to see next...other colors led or original or with mirror finish or matt finish...tell me what you want to see.

or you have other idea's with other colors, material etc...shoot!

:dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Need advice on a few remakes.

Post14 Feb 2015, 23:18

Hey Kasper!

Looking forward to hearing the ideas from other members, until then your work gets a thumbs up from me!

Mirror 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post16 Feb 2015, 12:55

You could experiment with different surface finishes on the Instalites.
Is it possible for the amateur to PVD coat watch cases ? A matt black one with red LEDs would look cool :mega:
Or a matt sand-blasted finish might look good too.
Rgds.

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Feb 2015, 17:37

Kasper,

I've always been curious what a normal red crystal would like like in a rose gold or copper colored case and bracelet. I think a P4 exec would look quite elegant in rose gold.

I'm kind of curious about the idea of using a domed crystal - I'd be curious how the lines of the watch case flow into the crystal - is that possible? A mirror finish Pulsar with a half silvered domed crystal might be kinda neat.

-abe.

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Feb 2015, 18:17

I just plated a Bulova led driver in rose gold, then brushed the finish. I have preference for rose gold especially combined with a burgundy mineral crystal.

Geoff

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Feb 2015, 18:57

Geoff,

Oooh, wow. When you get a chance, I'd love to see some photos. Did you plate the bracelet too or are you thinking of putting in on something like a burgundy strap?

-abe.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post17 Feb 2015, 22:50

@ Charger : the black with the red leds would be incredible if the backplate was red also. I don't know if these installites exists with a red background?
@Mick : still a beauty, mate :-D
@Geoff : now you also make me very curious :pics: go for it :-D
@Abe : missed you here friend..i allready did one a few years ago..and i must admit..it looks more professional with a slightly curved crystal. But i don't know if i can bend a red mineral crystal but i can always get my flamethrower and heat it up to try. Here is the one i did with the curved gold mirrored crystal. It's a pity i just have original black leather bracelets instead of the brown.

here in the last pictures you can see it clear hor the crystal follows the curved case

i need more:-)
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post18 Feb 2015, 07:09

I bought a bag of watches at a watch repair shop in Victoria, b.c. I paid 10 dollars a watch. So far I have restored an acutron deep sea 666 diver with black dial, bulova driver, a gilette LED in mint condition and a 1976 Bulova early LCD. They are all mint looking now and perfectly functional.

Tomorrow I will post pictures of the lot including the complete remake of the Bulova driver case replated (heavy replate) in rose gold.

I will post on a new thread so as not to interfere with these artistic ' out of the box' glass substitutes.

Cheers, Geoff

Return to General Discussion