It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:07

Why it's never enough...?

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

cte

Techie

Techie

Why it's never enough...?

Post10 Jun 2015, 01:43

Why is what we have, never enough? :scratch:

Several months ago, my interest in digital watches was rekindled. At that time I purchased two watches which completed my top 3 wished for watches of all time. After I bought them, I thought I would not think about digital watches anymore... and yet, here I am thinking and searching for the next new watch to acquire. :bang: :fool:

Realistically, and in a practical world, I only need one watch (unless I wear one on each wrist... oh, and one on each ankle... which would give me the perfect excuse to own 4).

Why is it we are never satisfied with what we have?! :O`~

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: Why it's never enough...?

Post10 Jun 2015, 21:55

I'm probably the wrong guy to ask about that...lol.

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post11 Jun 2015, 22:19

The thrill of the hunt

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post11 Jun 2015, 22:32

I agree, the chase is fun, but let's not dismiss, too lightly, the part where you actually find amazing, delightful, and valuable things... ;-)

grenchat

Geek

Geek

Post15 Jun 2015, 18:01

Indeed there exists great joy and satisfaction in acquiring a sought after watch or (insert any material possession). This sense of joy and satisfaction, however, isn’t particularly long-lived, and collectors tend to become jaded after a while. This is why we continually strive to attain more possessions: to regain that transient sense of happiness and satisfaction.

In the case of watch collecting, cte correctly points out that we only have one wrist. One way to avoid becoming jaded with one’s possessions is to avoid overexposure to said. I’ve found that keeping the watches in a covered case, swapping them periodically and according to venue greatly helps to maintain their enjoyment value. Reconnecting with a watch or other possession that you haven’t seen in some time can be akin to reuniting with an old friend. Of course having a large collection of items to interchange helps to maximize their novelty value, etc.

:dwf: Happy Collecting!
Jason
"We are showroom dummies"- Kraftwerk

Return to General Discussion