It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:48

Now look where the Mrs s taking me now!

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Now look where the Mrs s taking me now!

Post12 Nov 2015, 23:18

Get in. :-D

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/89540

He's comin home,
He's comin home,
He's comin,
The maestro's comin home,

The last time I saw him was 1978 at Bingley Hall Stafford, when I clapped the hands off one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151003233081? ... EBIDX%3AIT
It was absolutely AWESOME.
:grin1:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

grenchat

Geek

Geek

Re: Now look where the Mrs s taking me now!

Post19 Nov 2015, 18:16

:mega: Congratulations!

Here's a little primer from back in the day...

:dwf: Cheers!
Jason
"We are showroom dummies"- Kraftwerk

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Re: Now look where the Mrs s taking me now!

Post19 Nov 2015, 20:56

Thanks dude I'm so exited I could crush a grape. :grin1:

The first single I ever bought was ELO Ma-ma-ma Belle.(1973)
The first LP I bought was Out of the Blue. Always been beaten to buyin LP's
by one of my brothers before, so just played their's.
When all four of us decided to go and see them live, and the tickets were safe in our hands, we
were all talking about how good it was going to be, but should'ave bought Wembley one's as it
had been announced that the spaceship wouldn't be used in Stafford. We thought we had been clever
you see, as the Stafford gig was closer to Jeff's home town (Birmingham) and it wasn't originally
scheduled as part of the tour, but was added as an award ceremony because the band won the Daily
Mirror Rock and Pop Awards (which would eventually evolve into what is now known as the Brits).
The award ceremony bit didn't happen for whatever reason but the gig remained.
Anyway I announced, "They will open the show with Concerto for a rainy day/Standing in the rain"
My eldest Brother disagreed with me, so much so that a wager was had, after I had negotiated odds of 20-1. ;-)
I wanted a car and he had one for sale at the time for £400 so I bet him £20 that it would be the opener.
Although the gig didn't have the spaceship it was still the same set.

Needless to say I never got the car even though I was right. He maintained I must of had inside information.
Yeah right Jeff Lynne and me are best buddies. M:)W:)M
This was the opening of the 78 tour at Wembley.

Anyway it was brilliant to just see his face when they started playing, Priceless. :grin1:

Trust me the sound and performance was 100 times better in Stafford shame they didn't record it.
As the Laser show was seriously excellent. Anyway Can't wait, oh just a second yes I can cos we're
off to see the brothers Murry thrash the Belgians in the World Cup of tennis next week.
Hanno we desperately need a really really excited Gif. :scratch:
:dwf: :Prost: ALL
Pete
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

Return to General Discussion