It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 06:51

Not watch related but..

Talk about everything digital watch related and off - topic.
  • Author

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Not watch related but..

Post23 Dec 2017, 22:20

one of my other interests, and it's kind of same era being late 70s. My recently acquired screen accurate stormtrooper armour made by RS Prop Masters, displayed on my recently acquired posable mannequin..

1.1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Re: Not watch related but..

Post23 Dec 2017, 22:24

Smaller version, I forgot the forum doesn't shrink to fit.

3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post24 Dec 2017, 01:48

Looks outstanding...especially the helmet, which can "make or break" the look of a set of armor. Weapon included, or from another source? Gotta ask...what did this cost?
Side note...I WAS wearing my brand-new stainless Date/Command when I saw it on the premier day...May 25, 1977.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post24 Dec 2017, 03:47

The helmet, and the rest of the armour, is cast from an original set, up close the helmet looks a little rough to be honest but that's how it's meant to be, they didn't want to change anything it's exactly as it was including all the lumps and bumps. There are many different makers of stormtrooper armour but this is the only one that's actually cast from an original set, there is another maker (Andrew Ainsworth) who claims to make them from the original moulds but it's all lies, he did cast the originals back in the 70's but he didn't make the original moulds and he doesn't have them either.

The full set as a tailor made commission, including the E11 blaster (also a screen accurate replica made from a cast of a sterling machine gun etc), boots, under suit, and neck seal is £1450, this one was a little more as it came with a limited edition helmet with a stand and plaque signed by Brian Muir one of the original cast. I got lucky though and got the whole lot on eBay for £700. It sounds like a lot of money but there's an awful lot of work that goes into making it and putting it all together.

If anyone's interested this is the RS website page for the commission http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/co ... mission-2/

You can also buy it cheaper in kit form and put it together yourself.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post24 Dec 2017, 03:52

Sorry Brian Muir was the guy who made the moulds for the original armour, Jim Dowdall was the original cast member who endorses the helmets.

Return to General Discussion