It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:50

proposal - digital watch images on home page

Please write what you like me to improve or what´s currently not working properly.
  • Author

funkyguy

Wizard

Wizard

proposal - digital watch images on home page

Post24 Jan 2012, 11:04

Hanno

Well done on the "new look dwf" your hard work has paid off.

One of the reasons i started collecting digital watches apart from my own nostalgic boyhood
memories, was the incredible wide range of designs that were produced
So please try and consider a way of displaying a variety of digital watches .

(perhaps ask members to supply to you new pictures of there prized items)

Perhaps images as a sub header banner.
Or images shown on the borders.

I do feel this would add a little more charactor to the feel of this site.
Its lost a little bit of its soul IMO.
Some may say well go to the gallery if you want to look at pictures.

But i feel the forums front page should say it all with one overall look,
especially for the new first time forum viewers , having one image of a super rare
L.e.d watch does'nt really do the job. Lets have a little individuality & personality back.

FG
Funkguy

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: proposal - digital watch images on home page

Post24 Jan 2012, 18:47

maybe he could put a few new banners between the big forum parts.

love to see some nice lcd watches aswell...new ones and old.

these are a few favorites :-D

there are so many nice ones :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post24 Jan 2012, 22:00

I kinda like the unfussy look with the single photo on the header and I also think the watch shown is the correct choice being the one that started it all off (including the original module) and it still leaves plenty of room for personalities and individuality beneath the header ;-)

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post24 Jan 2012, 23:41

Not too many images, please, we've had that before ;)

But maybe a title image showing 1 or 2 watches according to subforum? A DSM + vintage LCD watch for "Vintage DSM and LCD Watches" (BTW: is Kapers's Seiko above vintage or already modern?), a Ventura + EPD/OLED for "Modern Digitals" - just to make it clear at first sight where you are.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post25 Jan 2012, 00:39

I have a problem - when I am in a topic and decide I want to post and log-in, my only choice after logging in is "Board index". I don't want to have to search for the topic again. I'd suggest bolding the topic dates on the index, so they stand out a little better.

There is a forum MOD(short modification of code) for "return to topic page on log-in.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post25 Jan 2012, 11:33

bucko170 wrote:I kinda like the unfussy look with the single photo on the header and I also think the watch shown is the correct choice being the one that started it all off (including the original module) and it still leaves plenty of room for personalities and individuality beneath the header ;-)

See, I was thinking a P2 would be better. The P1 is the first, but it's really not iconic - few had one, even fewer saw one, almost nobody has one now (many will never be able to afford one). It's not a Pulsar forum. But hey, there are many ways to make a nice forum, the new code give a much better layout and posting/reply areas.

From a strictly technical standpoint, I am surprised the site shows up under the strikes and spares URL. That looses some of the good page ranking DWF.nu enjoyed in the search engines.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to New Forum: Problems and Proposals