• Author

hueur

Nerd

Nerd

changing minutes problem

Post15 Jun 2006, 13:30

Hi everybody,
I have a P2 ss and here is my problem :

When I want to change minutes with the magnet : it just show time ... or nothing !
When I want to change hours with the magnet : it works great.

When I try to change minutes with the magnet but directly on the module out of the case : it works great.

Do I have a problem with my ss case ?

Thanks a lot for all suggestions

H

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: changing minutes problem

Post15 Jun 2006, 23:34

You have a magnet that is strong enough to close one switch, but not the other. It's a sure bet that no watch ever left Time Computer with a magnet that didn't properly set the watch, so the magnet you have is probably a replacement [LOTS of people lost the originals that came with their watch, and there couldn't be any absolute certainty that others would be matched to the switch sensitivities]. There are two possible solutions; a stronger magnet, or replacing the setting switch. A new magnet is the simpler and preferred one; replacing a setting switch is a delicate and risky bit of surgery; the circuit board needs to be lifted to free it, and as this board is made of brittle ceramic, you take a chance of breaking it in the process. I'd try several magnets before I started digging into the module.

hueur

Nerd

Nerd

Re: changing minutes problem

Post16 Jun 2006, 09:09

Thank you Bruce,
I forgot to tell you that I got this watch for 3 months and until now it has always worked perfectly with the original magnet.
May be I am wrong but the magnet I have look exactly like any other pulsar magnet I?ve seen.
I forgot also to say that I recently changed the reed switch and put one a little bit bigger than the original (and my watch is no longer original but it was not from the beginning because someone sold me a P3 module in a P2 case ... I'll do better next time).
Can it be the reason of my problem ?

Where exactly is the setting swith ? It's a different part than the reed switch ?

Is it really a problem of setting switch ? because : when I put the module out of the case, connect it to batteries with alligator clips and change minutes by putting the magnet on the "back down right part" of the module, minutes change perfectly !

So doc, what's wrong with my Pulsar ?

Thanks a lot for your help

H

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton