It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:33

Serial numbers and patents

• Author

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Serial numbers and patents

Post17 Jun 2006, 03:41

Administrator's note: this thread has been split from this one.

Well here goes my 2 Cents since I am in the 1% group with solid facts,records,receipts,and actual prototypes recently photographed by the Smithsonian.
So the"Pulsar was first theory" can thank Electro Data,s prototypes created and invented by THEM!.However unreliable they were for demos in 1970 being irrelevant.
From what I gather reading there is a never ending mix of tales between the connections of : Hamilton/ElectroData/Pulsar/TC/HMW?/Bergey/Crabtree/Walton and so on.
The Later creations 2900,201 etc were not in existance until late 1972 and later correct?These being the first production units that actualy worked for lets say Pulsar on their own.
Common sense tells me Bergey did not invent and certainly did not Know the Electronics of his Patent from 1970, as this was the work of ED.
Regarding Phil and this P I topic I was only joking when I called it a P1.5 as he had done similar with the Synchronar. I guess it turned out to be something to suspect.It is very comprehendable and acceptable for Phils watch to have been serviced way back in the seventies with the better module installed by an authorised agent and thus still be Original??? I don't know I am stumped on that one to guys. In the car collecting business if you offer a 1963 Pontiac 2+2 as original the buyer would think it has the 421 H.O Dual Quad(2, 4 barrel carbs)Posi rear etc. Not a later 400 engine with after market carbs and manifold.The buyer in that case would be decieved regardless of wether the 400(more produced) was deemed better for some reason. BTW that original car was Pontiacs best perhaps still to this day in the 0-60 department, 3.9 seconds! Phil certainly was not always being tricky when he gave some advice to people at the forum and did give some useful FREE! Advice every now and then but he should explain things to us so the good can outway any bad. Myself I admit am not trained to know much at all about digitals other than the Synchronar,but nobody will ever change what I have known and told my friends all my life regarding it,s history.Azimuth you seem very capable of writing your own story at your site and like we talked about last year you will be needing to update it for history sake.You told me it was written by the Guy at old Pulsars who as you put it "kindly asked you to put it on your site", ofcourse I now know who that is and I took your advice about speaking up loudly at this forum, How am I doing? BTW when the Smithsonian visited me on June 8th I wore the Synchronar shirt you sent my father. The shirt was correct and read SOLAR POWERED not SOLAR CHARGED.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Re: Holy Grail for Sale

Post17 Jun 2006, 10:40

Hi Howard,

I will need to update my website but as always stated it was created based on the information provided by Phil, Dennis, Mr. Bergey and also Mr. Zanoni.
I have asked some of them to browse it and give comments and I added them when I received them. Also until today nobody told me that the information still contains mistakes in some parts although I ask all visitors to correct me where applicable.
There will always be a fight between the P1 and the Synchronar so I guess you guys should discuss this on your own and give us a final statement.

best
Piotr

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Holy Grail for Sale

Post17 Jun 2006, 15:59

OOPS , I better correct myself before the Pontiac buffs come after me :shock: It was the --1965-- 2+2,TRI POWER and more exact info is available elsewhere.
There really should be no fighting between P1 and Synch,just patience for all people to learn and get it organized on paper with no room for critics to complain.Then at the end we are thankful and apreciative of all contributors to both designs and the wonderful array of others that came shortly after.[/b]
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton