Changing minustes problem : PART 2

• Author

hueur

Nerd

Nerd

Changing minustes problem : PART 2

Post06 Jul 2006, 21:59

Hi everybody,

I am sure you'll all be interested by the fact that I got some news about my "changing minutes problem".
(I repeat for those who haven't seen the last episode : I got a P2ss case and I can change hours with the magnet but not the minutes. When I put the magnet on the minutes slot, it just display time...)
I have tried a lot of things, took appart the watch around ten times, and finally by accident, I found the solution :

If I screw back on the back ring at the maximum, I can't change minutes with magnet.
But if I screw back on the ring not at the maximum, leting a small looseness (?english?), I can change minutes with the magnet again !

Can someone just tell me ... WHY ???

Thanks for suggestions
H

Higgie

Site Sponsor

Site Sponsor

Re: Changing minustes problem : PART 2

Post06 Jul 2006, 22:20

Sounds like two possible flaws:

1. A soldering joint is touching the case if you close it.
This can be repaired by resoldering the joint thats probably too "high" or just use a bit duck-tape to make sure it doesn't "touch" the case anymore.

2. When you close the back somewhere on the PCB a connection comes lose these can also be soldered but finding the faulty connection is a bit more difficult, you have to check all the connections that go to the Magnetic reed-switch and resolder them with your soldering-iron.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton