It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:18

A Special Thanks To Little1up:

• Author

Deek

Nerd

Nerd

A Special Thanks To Little1up:

Post08 Aug 2006, 20:29

I sent 10 watches (Led's) in for maintenance and repair. They came back better than when I bought them. Little1up really brought these guys back to life. I had batteries, modules and custom repair. I have a renewed interest in collecting Led's now that I have all of them working again. I know my limitations and don't even change the batteries. That's why I'm glad I found Little1up on this site. As most of you know he is gifted in his abilities to work on these watches. He could have charged more but didn't. His passion for working and collecting is amazing. So gifted yet so humble sums it up for Little1up. Thanks for the great work! Deek

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: A Special Thanks To Little1up:

Post08 Aug 2006, 23:23

Hi Deek, i must admit that one of the great advantages of this worldwide forum is that you meet genuine enthusiasts, people who will help you overcome a particular led problem and not want any financial gain. I have dealt with a number of forum members that after carrying out some work or particular service, you have to argue with them to even reinburse their costs never mind they gain any sort of profit. Maybe LED wearers are genuinely sincere people. No, that can't be right, i wear one :D As you are probably aware on this forum, when you continue to post threads your name changes, unfortunately at some time you will be Deek the Geek :shock:

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post09 Aug 2006, 00:49

Deek is Doug - Thanks Doug....just a little tender care, polishing, cleaning and few new parts. Doug even had two for his wife repaired - awwwwwwhh :oops: 8)

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Aug 2006, 15:41

Deeks got his wife to wear an LED :!: :!: I'm impressed :D

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post09 Aug 2006, 17:07

Hey, if I was a women I'd wear this one too! Full "detailing"...(Mrs."Deek's")
Last edited by retroleds on 09 Aug 2006, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post09 Aug 2006, 17:46

my wife wears sometimes the square ladies Pulsar with touch sensitive buttons.
But when she wears it I can't look at her in the eyes , I'm starring at he wrist!
:wink:
The eye of the master,
Does more than bote his hands.

L'oeil du ma?tre
Fait mieux que ses deux mains.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Aug 2006, 20:15

Does this explain why most of our wives won't wear Leds, they don't like the competition and feel that we should be staring at them adoringly instead of their wrists or other parts.... :?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post09 Aug 2006, 21:19

[Some of] You guys need to get laid more....
sex will get you thru times of no watches better than watches will get you thru times of no sex! :P

Anyone who recognizes that as a twist on a quote from the "Furry Freak Brothers" gets extra points for not being [too] stoned during the 70's. Phineas Freak,"dope will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no dope." :lol:

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 Aug 2006, 22:54

Not only does my wife refuse to wear an LED, she plays hell when i wear one too :cry: Should i

A: get a different type of watch

B: get a different type of wife

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post09 Aug 2006, 23:23

gjlelec wrote:Not only does my wife refuse to wear an LED, she plays hell when i wear one too :cry: Should i A: get a different type of watch
B: get a different type of wife

A.Find some type of "bling" she responds to positively, buy her some and hope it distracts her long enough for you to slip a few more pieces into your own collection.
B.If you are over 40, tell her it makes you feel young again. If under 40, tell her you feel they make you appear mature and successful.
C. Changing women generally brings a different, yet just as extensive laundry list of "no-no's"......you already know some of the dodges with this one, may as well keep her and perfect your techniques. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.

T-bird

Post10 Aug 2006, 09:14

I must consider myself lucky, then.
Well, Olivier is more lucky, his wife wears a Pulsar, but mine wears a Zeon scrolling LED and the Hamilton MIB-II. Not bad for a woman that once considered digital watches junk...
Sure she doesn't like my watches, she says they look all the same.
But I'm working on it...

Ed: Inscribe your quote in stone.
:D :D :D
4 Doors = 2 Cars

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Aug 2006, 11:42

Need to get laid more, hmm as my wife is due to pop out number 3 on the 12th Sept that is not a priority :P . In fact with a digi I've no worries about disturbing the baby as they're so quiet and I'll be able to tell what ungodly hour I've been woken up at in the dark....here we go again :D

In about 25 years my daughter (2&1/2) will be a lovely woman who loves LEDS as she just can't keep her sticky mitts off them. (She found a box with 3 in and it was "ooooooh new watches" and straight in there).

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post10 Aug 2006, 11:59

Fitron Fiend wrote:Need to get laid more, hmm as my wife is due to pop out number 3 on the 12th Sept that is not a priority :P . In fact with a digi I've no worries about disturbing the baby as they're so quiet and I'll be able to tell what ungodly hour I've been woken up at in the dark....here we go again :D.

Much as I love children, I am so glad my youngest is 13 and my oldest is almost 26. Yeah, I guess a little watch repair/collecting would be safer right now FitronFiend....you do remember how happy she was during labor the last two times? :P Wife #1 said something during labor along the line of,"you'll never get any again" - she(r.i.p.) almost made good on that oath! :roll:

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Aug 2006, 12:27

I certainly remember the panic in her eyes when the tube that fed her entonox gas fell out of her mouthpiece. Did you know there's a tribe in central america where the men have vines tied around their parts and the other end is given to the wife in labour ... so they can share the pain. :shock: I fully intend to brainwash/show it the light that LEDs are cool when they're old enough not to want to eat them/smear with poo etc. In fact I think I'm going to see if I can find a childs one for my 5 yr old, they do pop up on ebay every now and again and he wants a watch.

Time to get buying :twisted:

"Honestly dear I was looking for a childs watch when I just saw this synchronar and the cat jumped onto the mouse and clicked buy it now"

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post10 Aug 2006, 13:30

Hi,
yes my wife wears a Pulsar but i would happily trade for a one that doesn't but who doesn't break my b***s all day long! :(
Any one interested?
Fitron Fiend, we have the same race of cat! :twisted:
The eye of the master,
Does more than bote his hands.

L'oeil du ma?tre
Fait mieux que ses deux mains.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Aug 2006, 19:47

Are you trading the wife or the Pulsar :?: