It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:48

Collectable watch prices

• Author

corona with lime

Nerd

Nerd

Collectable watch prices

Post21 Aug 2006, 02:02

I noted that a like new condition stainless Date Command recently went on eBay for $1200. Is this an unreasonable price for this watch in the claimed condition?

Aditionally, is there an online source for general collectable Pulsar pricing?

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: Collectable watch prices

Post21 Aug 2006, 08:22

There is a general rule that goes something like this; "Nothing is worth more than what someone is willing to pay for it". It's bascially the law of supply-and-demand, hopefully mixed with some common sense. Even if this D/C sells, it doesn't make all similar watches worth $1200 [wish it worked that way...I've got a bunch of them...but it doesn't]. A sale at this price, in today's market, would have to be considered an abberation; I personally wouldn't go over $750 or so unless everything was absolutely immaculate, and I'd still have to think about it a good long while. Routine $1200 Date Commands are a fair number of years down the road, so this wouldn't even be a particularly good investment; and it's not even a rare watch, as Pulsars go...Time Computer made more of them than any other model. The lesson to be learned here is...PATIENCE! That's one of the really good things about eBay; wait, and something just as good will come up for a better price [even P1s!; it's happened!]. Panic-buying out of fear you'll never get a similar chance again will just turn you into living proof that "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton