P3 and Date II date command function

• Author

paulmondays

Nerd

Nerd

P3 and Date II date command function

Post17 Feb 2007, 21:57

Hi

I recently acquired a Date II and noticed the date command function lights up for 1.5 seconds, just like the time function. The date command functions on the P3s that I've seen will stay lit up as long as the button is depressed. The Date II display is the original dot matrix type and it seems pretty genuine, although I haven't looked inside yet. Does anybody know anything about this?

Paul

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

re: P3 and Date II date command function

Post17 Feb 2007, 23:49

I remember seeing this in one other Pulsar Date II [never in a P3], a couple years ago. The module was very clean and original, and except for a bad time demand switch, was functioning perfectly. It may be there was some subtle change in the chip, and if so, makes this an interesting variation [there were certainly at least three manufacturers of chips; RCA, NorTech, and even Hughes...I found a Hughes-marked clock chip, complete with the distinctive Pulsar block-letter logo, in a P3]. The 1.5- second function timer may have been a proprietary feature from one of those manufacturers.

paulmondays

Nerd

Nerd

re: P3 and Date II date command function

Post21 Feb 2007, 19:19

Thanks. It's a shame no one has written a definitive book on the pulsar story. There certainly seems to be enough material and knowledge out there.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton