It is currently 12 May 2024, 09:27

Re: the 'new' 3013 modules

• Author

DaleS

Re: the 'new' 3013 modules

Post12 Oct 2007, 07:35

Maybe I'm a skeptic, but do these modules look new to you experts? I see one with what looks like a replaced crystal. What do you think of the prices as well. Would they be a good bet for a disfunctional DateII?

http://dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=2389

A second one is on ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=010

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: Re: the 'new' 3013 modules

Post12 Oct 2007, 15:35

Few Pulsar modules make it to this time without the crystal being replaced...some were replaced at Pulsar parts centers and some left the factory with the smaller crystals. And the smaller body crystals are a lot easier to fit in there. Within a year of the Pulsar being introduced, the smaller crystals were more the norm. There were frequent crystal shortages in the '70s, as this article makes mention of(2nd paragraph).
http://www.ledwatches.net/articles/PopEle/PELCD7.jpg

Buyer beware as usual. :-)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post12 Oct 2007, 19:31

These look original and new to me [look closely at the "+ side up" stickers...no discoloration from battery leakage or even any sign of abrasion; I doubt a battery has ever touched these]. Later black and almost all green [which were of later manufacture] modules came with crystals smaller than the first Motorola MTQ 32 monsters [which the modules were designed to use...when smaller crystals became available, Time Computer never changed the movement ring molds to make the hole smaller...they just filled the gap with more silicone rubber]. But the main issue here is, I think...$350 for an UNTESTED module??? I can buy known-to-work P3s for less than that! Beaters, maybe, but working! Just because these are new doesn't indicate working condition [I've pulled totally dead modules out of immaculate watches many times...too many]. Without a guarantee of functionality, these are WAY too expensive, and even if you had that, you could do better elsewhere. I'll pass...

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post12 Oct 2007, 20:26

...$350 for an UNTESTED module??? I can buy known-to-work P3s for less than that! Beaters, maybe, but working!

Agreed, the others from Turkey went for less than this and they were listed as working. My P2 cost $300 and was in very very very nice condition. These are way overpriced.

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post13 Oct 2007, 01:45

you can buy a GF Date command in a box for less than one of these modules :lol:

DaleS

Post13 Oct 2007, 03:51

I'm with you guys on this. Imagine a watch that works vs. one that doesn't. The price differential in most cases is less than $350. One is better off purchasing the watch of choice with a working module.
At auction I would expect that working modules would bring $200- $250 as the modules I have seen from Europe have.
Thanks for all the information. This is a great site.
Now I have to try to fix an intermittent Pulsar Executive I just received. Should have paid more and bought a working one! Hmmm!!
Dale

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton