It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:01

Printing on Pulsar crystals

• Author

Holy Zoo

Printing on Pulsar crystals

Post15 Nov 2004, 05:45

Howdy all... long time reader, first time poster. :)

Hey - so I read somewhere, can't remember where, that on some of the Pulsars that have the white printing on the crystal, that the printing was actually done underneath the glass.

Can anyone confirm this? And indeed, does anyone know precisely which models they did this with?

thanks!

jeff

p.s. Hi to Richard UK, and all you other ebay regulars. :D

andyz4000

Techie

Techie

Re: Printing on Pulsar crystals

Post16 Nov 2004, 15:23

Hi Jeff, I dont think thats the case as I have had it come off on my pulsars while polishing the crystals. Although its quite perminant, It will scratch or wear off eventually if your not carefull.

ledwatch

Banned

Post16 Nov 2004, 17:26

Hi Jeff

They did it with Execs, Classics and Dress models, the logo was sandwidged in between two pieces of glass, the lower having red gooey paint on it, they are rare, but they are out there, here is a picture:

Holy Zoo

Post16 Nov 2004, 19:15

Thank you sir!

...and great picture!

Followup question: how did the "red gooey paint" look compared to the all red synthetic crystal?

thanks again!

jeff

denimart

Post19 Nov 2004, 22:45

hi phil,

I pm u an email...wonder did u receive? I had a 1976 compuchron calculator led watch, wonder can u repair it? The module is not dead but somehow the watch is crazy after new batts are place in, calculator is not working. I'm totally not a experts in the led watches parts and modules, will appreciate if u got experience in repairing such watches or recommend that trustable repair men? Need help, i love this baby.

regards...Kirk

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post19 Nov 2004, 23:17

denimart:Ask Higgie,he might be able to help you.
I?m losing my edge!

denimart

Post19 Nov 2004, 23:22

thanks embelton, I will look for him. Glad u are telling me. Really appreciate that, i'm lost! I just love this baby and feel helpless as nobody in my country got knowledge on repairing this baby.

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post19 Nov 2004, 23:27

denimart:where you from?
I dont think that it will need spacers....you should be able to see if it does,does the batterys look to small?
I?m losing my edge!

denimart

Post19 Nov 2004, 23:39

embelton, it does sound crazy...i'm from Singapore...(Ha) :) Probably the only one crazy over such watches here. Do u have any repairing experience with Higgie before? Before, i was actually considering of sending this baby to Parsec. What do u think? They charge me crazy price for the return S/H. I will wana talk with higgie first before any decision make.

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post19 Nov 2004, 23:44

I havent tryed Higgie myself nope, I bought a module from him,perfecto,but he hasnt repaired anything for me...all I can say is PM him and you will know if he can fix it.
I would contact him if I needed help.
Isnt it just that your batterys are too thin?
Last edited by embelton on 19 Nov 2004, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
I?m losing my edge!

denimart

Post19 Nov 2004, 23:48

opps..forgotten to ans to your question. I usually used Energizer LR44...i think its similar to 357 batts??!(can't be sure). The batts compartment doesn't seem spacious enough to require a spacer, however recently i see on a ebay seller mentioning this watch requires a spacer...so i thought my goodness...what does the spacer looks like. After much research, finally found someone in this forum offering spacers for sale and realise how it looks like. Pardon me for being ignorance. At times when i read the time, i need to push the batts cover inwards for the batts to run inorder for the led to lights.

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post19 Nov 2004, 23:51

All you need is thicker batts :D ....I hope
I?m losing my edge!

denimart

Post19 Nov 2004, 23:55

yeah...i do agree with u. Perhaps the batts are too thin. And problems seems to scuffle out recently...calculator isn't functioning anymore. Date doesn't shows out anymore after pressing the left buttons. In the past, four new batts needed to replace every month(sounds crazy). Now becoming worst..new batts are run out maybe after 24 hours or more. When put in new batts, led seems to power up but crazy digits are poping up too. Need to take in & out the batts, repeating trying .....if luck comes...the time will work as normal. I'm lost now and hurts to see this watch goes down.

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post20 Nov 2004, 00:01

Could be a short circuit maybe?
Take out the batts asap....
I?m losing my edge!

denimart

Post20 Nov 2004, 00:07

it happens sometime ago since this happens. As nobody could help me in my country ..i thought i could do nothing and so this drag for some time. At times, i really feel the urge to give this watch another chance, i put in new batts and repeated trying till the time works. But now i reckon i have to get this fix and suddenly found this forum. My only hope is higgie and Parsec now...perhaps.

denimart

Post20 Nov 2004, 00:09

i used to let the batts stay in the watch but now i left it blank. Problems still exist when new batts are pump in.

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post20 Nov 2004, 00:12

Put an ad in at the "workbench" ....I bet someone can help u
I?m losing my edge!

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post04 Feb 2006, 16:53

BTW, never send watches to Parsec as you will pay a fortune and your watch will not be repaired.
The Calculator watch you have contains a Hughes Aircraft module and as perhaps some of you have experienced they are going crazy after so many years and are in most cases not repairable.
I have this watch also and after a stormy weather outside my home the watch stopped working and so did one of my Pulsars. The Calculator started showing different numbers and the Pulsar only O. After a week when the weather was sunny, both watches turned back to normal operation but still today the Calculator goes crazy from time to time. Sometimes even improper pressure from the batteries and case-back will make the display go crazy. All you can do is to try as many times as possible.

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post04 Feb 2006, 19:00

Hmm..

This is not the first time I've heard someone complaing about watches sent to parsec... I wonder what they are doing to them over there ?? .... Sounds to me like their heart in not in the job !

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post04 Feb 2006, 20:41

Well it definitely sounds like their Pulsar repair man is not in the job! :?

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton