• Author

Handy

Techie

Techie

Beware of FAKE Pulsar 3502s on eBay sold by barbie9

Post30 Jan 2005, 21:26

Hi all,
Take a look at ebay item# 4963622470.

Yet another fake Pulsar Sport. I got ripped off by this tosser, please don't let this happen yo you!
The modules are correct but the case and band are fake and are very poorly finished.They are made in the far East, probably Taiwan, and are not water resistant to 30m.
AVOID ANY AUCTIONS BY BARBIE9.

Cheers,
Ian Hand

WOULD YOU TRUST THIS "MAN"

Edit: I have removed the picture showing barbie9, as the photographed person has complained and does not want it to be published.

regards

your moderator fronzel

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Re: Beware of FAKE Pulsar 3502s on eBay sold by barbie9

Post30 Jan 2005, 21:39

Sorry to hear of your particular case.. Unfortunately, you and I, along with many others have all been subject to Mike Barboro's cheating ways ! I have spent many hundreds of dollars with him, as have many other collectors ( one of which lives in Germany and has spent thousands) And we all have been cheated and no longer deal with him ! I, myself have had quite a few emails regarding the 3502's on EBay and I am sorry to hear you are another casualty of Mike's deception.. The only good thing, is the "word is out" and he can only prey on the new buyer who doesn't know his history.. I am sorry for them !

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Jan 2005, 22:01

What makes you so sure that these watches are fake?
Just curious..
I?m losing my edge!

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post30 Jan 2005, 22:15

Compare one to a real 3502 and you'll be in absolutely NO doubt !... Also did you ever see a 3502 come in a blue Pulsar box and that reads "by Seiko" inside ?

Eagles

Post30 Jan 2005, 22:22

Hello All

I read the forum often, but I have never posted until now... I have bought one of these watches from Barbie9 a few months ago and I have also been told that it isnt an original ! Its still an OK watch but I am dissapointed to see the prices have droped $65 too.

Handy

Techie

Techie

Post30 Jan 2005, 22:29

I reckon my feedback may not have helped with the price drop,apologies for that.I do feel that Mr Barbaro needs kicking off eBay or at least, exposing as a fraud.

Ian

zoltan

Geek

Geek

Post31 Jan 2005, 01:19

How come this guy has 1635 positive feedback, and only 15 negative if he is a scammer?

Only curious...

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post31 Jan 2005, 01:41

This has been discussed here in the past. When Time Computer went under, there were a number of modules from the Pulsar Sport, that were left over. It looks as though Barbie9, or someone, has aquired these modules and recreated the Sport cases. Since Pulsar Time Computer also had another company make the original cases, I don't think it's a huge deal but if the finish is as bad as Handy says, than that's not good.

I think if I were to have sold these, I would have made light of the fact that they were reproductions, with something like, "For the first time since 1978, the Pulsar Time Computer watch is back, with the last of the unfinished production line finally being completed."

Here is the previous thread discussing this. Read the posts by Time Computer:

http://digital.superman.ws/phpBB2/viewt ... ht=barbie9

Mike Barbaro

Post31 Jan 2005, 17:49

hello,
this is mike barbaro, barbie9.

first thing i want to say is "handy", ian hand is selling his pulsar 3502 on this very website...he is asking about $100 more for it than he paid, but, i want you to all look at the photos !! Please look at his photos, they are better than even on my auction.... how beautiful it is....

he thinks it's a fake....but is he is willing to sell it to you !!!!

simon...what a piece of work....he flies to ny, i meet him, he buys an 18kt calc LE from me, with boxes, papers, and certificate signed by my friend john bergey himself !!! yes, i know john..... he wears the watch about a half hour, playing with the buttons the entire time, IT IS WOKING PERFECTLY...while we ARE talking......then i got to catch the next train to go back to PA.....he emails me that night saying i ripped him off, that the module is faulty....
and that is his beef with me....he surely just wanted money back, or a new module....he only paid $4000 for the watch, it is worth maybe $6000 or $7000......and i may have given him a module at the time if he did not threaten me, etc.....he truly is a whacko... be careful of dealing with him....he has stolen from his friends in the past.....in fact he makes friends to get your stuff, like a P1 or a gold PRM...then he says, don't ever call me again.....he emails the sellers on ebay, after losing an auction and makes deals to buy the watch from the seller....for more money....and he is an airline pilot !!! Simon has threatened me before, and he is still up to his tricks.... I warned you simon, keep messing with me, and i will contact virgin airlines, that you have been terrorizing me, (making you a Terrorist)....and need a psych work up....can you imagine being 30.000 feet in the air with this unstable nut at the wheel....he may think of the pulsar that got away, and put the plane in a spin !!!

Now the real point here....my 3502 Sports Pulsars...
I have a bunch....i'm in the right spot to search for them, to find them....
i have many many contacts....old time pulsar employees, old time distributors, old time manufacturers...i buy from old distibutors, who buy from their distributor buddies from the 1970's....THIS IS WHERE THEY ARE FROM.....
I know more about pulsars than 99.99% of all the readers / writers on this site...
do you know that the common pulsar executive was made in at least 3 different case styles??? the P3 Date 2 was made in at least 3 case different styles....the calculators AND OTHERS had many bracelet variations....to name a few.....
why?? because these parts were made by more than one manufacturer, and at different times during the sales life of the watch...
thus, the same watch may look different....
IS THIS WHY ALL YOU PULSAR PROFESSORS THINK YOU CAN SAY "MIKES WATCHES ARE FAKES" ?????

simon says....it's a fake look at the boxes.....duhh.....
i say in my auctions...."with newer boxes and stickers".....

I FIND THE STUFF, AND BUY IT, I AND RE-SELL IT.... IT IS MY LIVING....
IT IS HOW I FEED MY KIDS....
IF YOU DO NOT WANT IT.......FINE......BUT PLEASE SPEND YOUR TIME MAYBE READING TO YOUR KIDS, AND NOT GOSSIPING ON THIS WEBSITE.
MIKE

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post31 Jan 2005, 21:28

Once again we a seeing the immature tantrum of this person... I think you must get a buzz out of telling everyone my profession, when your just a fat house husband.. Anyway, if your going to tell the story, at least tell the truth Mike ! Tell them the watch I bought from you didnt have any batteries in when we met in a public place.. Isnt this stange.. WHY.. I'll tell you why.. becaause as soon as the batteries were put in, the module lasted around 30 mins ! THATS WHY ! STEEL from my friend... if you can come up with anyone I have ever stolen from.. Be my guest.. As for terrorising you.. I think your the one who has the problems... ! I answered a post put up by YET ANOTHER person you ripped off ! .. Why dont you telll them about the 14k DC you sold me with as SOLID GOLD but you put a GF back on it anr rubbed out the "filled" lettering so it read 14 k !! REMEMBER ??? Why dont you tell them about the link out of the solid P4 band missing OR the SG link you stole from the LE Calc and sold to Phil Bowler a month later...

As for the rest of your tantrums.. I told you.. pls do call whover and claim I'm a terrorist.. WHO they gonna believe when you post treats to do so on a Public forum..

Finally... Even your buddy (Klein ) wrote on this forum . "They are fake" ... Why because they Are !!!!

Simon

Mike Barbaro

Post31 Jan 2005, 23:24

simon you are such the liar !!
well, you have noted a few truths....i did sell you a calc........and i know 2 UK residents you stole watches from...i will not mention their names here...and you have written to sellers on ebay and swiped watches from buyers...and yes you are a Terrorist....all anyone has to do is read your last reply, and they see what you are.....a poor little rich boy, who can't stand to lose a watch to anyone....
oh, yes, this is true....there was the 14kt date command, i got it with the back cover that way, an area rubbed out...and i did sell it to you as 14kt, but then gave you the choice of a return, or keeping it and getting a refund, which you got...
oh, the links i sold, i had a box full of various gold links....who are you to say where i got them from??? i live in Pulsar country, Lancaster PA....that is where i got them from....oh, and yes, who are They gonna believe, when 4 or so americans complain about you??? i think they would err on the side of caution, when an unstable pilot is envolved, don't mess up here and lose your job.......as your kids, and your third wife are used to their lifestyle..................and.....................AS YOU JUST CONTACTED A FRIEND OF MINE INQUIRING " DO YOU HAVE ANY 3502'S AVAILABLE"???.......YOU DO NOT EVEN OWN A 3502...SO WHO ARE YOU TO CHIME IN AND PASS COMMENTS ABOUT IT BEING FAKE.......I WISH THAT ALL MEMBERS OF THIS SITE, PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS..........ESPECIALLY THOSE OF YOU JUMPING IN HASTILY ONTO SIMONS WAGON, and believed him...............HE IS A TROUBLE MAKER, AND A LIAR.............and an all round bad seed.
DK never said they are fake, he is the only one Man enough to say what he knows, (which, he does not know everything, i now know many of the pulsar service center people / distributors, i do not know if Dennis knows them and/or the history behind what happened back in the late 70's regarding inventory)...DK has spoken the truth and not gossip, he stayed neutral, and unbiased......not one of you have ever asked me directly about them......you all just read this crap on here and jump on the simon wagon...
well, i spelled it out pretty good in my last reply above.......there WAS a period of time that i was searching out manufacturers to bring these Pulsars back...as i know another guy with a lot of 3502 modules....but, did not need to...........through working with these old men, and a widow or two, i found what i needed....(see my above reply)...
...however i do intend to ask direct questions of my suppliers....
i know the back covers look a little different than even what i am used to.
but, again.....see what i wrote above...."variations in product due to several suppliers".........
mike
ps if you bought one from me, and don't want it, send it back to me....
if it is in the same condition as i sold it....i will refund you.
pps AND....i will be getting some with logos on the time screen soon........
Last edited by Mike Barbaro on 01 Feb 2005, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post31 Jan 2005, 23:36

In the HipHop community this would be called a beef :shock:
I?m losing my edge!

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post31 Jan 2005, 23:37

Well Im glad you have brought a bit of humour into this... 3rd wife... ?? To my knowledge I am yet to get married once.. And ... how funny.. no names of the people in the US and UK are given by you.... Go on Mike, if you are going to label serious allegations of me stealing from people in the UK , prove your point.... I guess not ! Why, because you are talking utter crap ! as for the Ebay thing, well if a complaint is to be made about me, anyone has the right to contact EBay... BUT FUNNILY Enough !! No wone has !!!

I dont have a 3502 !! Anyone who wants a picture of my 3502, please email me and I will just add to the fact you dont know what you are talking about..

Now , run along... stop your crying and grow up !! Remeber.. I just answered a post from Handy complaing about you !!

h00hbt

Techie

Techie

Post01 Feb 2005, 01:15

Well i cant make my mind up who i should believe it seems more of a personal thing, and maby better discussed elseware, but barbie9 does have a good feedback score anyway ceep in mind the amount of sales he has made but one out of three negative scores sticks out a little and i can?t resist letting you see it:

Buyer: False advertising - No LED Watch was on the pen! Onlypen/stylus! Dishonesty!!

Reply by barbie9: I sold a Pulsar Calc Pen, He thought it was an LED WATCH PEN & i get Neg..DOPE

Who was this guy?and what was he thinking whith :lol: :lol:

/H

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post01 Feb 2005, 01:56

Hm, all this is very interesting. I learnt a lot:
Simon "the pilot" is ityrion, he is not yet married (not sure about children), and he has no 3502, which he can easily prove with a picture of his 3502.
Mike is barbie9, knows some old Pulsar men (and widows), and has kids he feeds by finding and reselling stuff.
Mike and Simon met in NY. They don't like each other :evil:
The 3502 modules are original Pulsar. The cases are no modern reproductions, but from these old men and widows, maybe original or not.
But: who is Dennis? Who is "Buddy Klein"? And what is true? :wink: :wink:

Mike Barbaro

Post01 Feb 2005, 01:57

yes, i agree....
i am tired of this childish behavior....my own included....
you all believe what you wish.......
but....you have no right to judge my merchandise by what someone says who obviously has a personal problem with me......as i noted in my first reply to this all.....see the photos that ian put on with his for sale ad....
the watch is beautiful !!! or see the watch on the ebay auction.....

that guy, noted in the above reply thought he was buying an LED pen, (led clock built into a pen),,,,and when he got a pulsar calc pen...he gave me neg feed....i had it fully described, with lots of photos....but, he still thought i was wrong....
.........and jumped to giving me the negative feedback as his first action....he did not email me....did not try to ask for a return....
and i had to take the brunt of his stupidity...getting negative feedback,
etc.....
the same thing is happening with all this, right now..................
mike

Mike Barbaro

Post01 Feb 2005, 02:00

we can make a movie about this !!!

ledwatch

Banned

Post01 Feb 2005, 02:08

Well theres one good thing about all this, Ive found out why my Pulsar Calc Pen wont work, Ive been trying to figure out how to put new batteries in it for about five years now.

h00hbt

Techie

Techie

Post01 Feb 2005, 02:40

ledwatch wrote:Well theres one good thing about all this, Ive found out why my Pulsar Calc Pen wont work, Ive been trying to figure out how to put new batteries in it for about five years now.

I pissed my pants for laughing too much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

/H

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post01 Feb 2005, 03:08

trust Phil to be the first with the comedy reply :D did you plan the time for making that post? 12.08 :shock:

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post01 Feb 2005, 05:53

Stay tuned for another exicting chapter of "As the Digital Watch Turns"

ledwatch

Banned

Post01 Feb 2005, 11:23

Ha ha !! Ive learnt something else as well, Im busy rubbing off the word 'filled' on the back of all my GF Pulsars in order to make the collection much more valuable.
Next

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton