It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:42

Beware of FAKE Pulsar 3502s on eBay sold by barbie9

• Author

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Re: Beware of FAKE Pulsar 3502s on eBay sold by barbie9

Post01 Feb 2005, 13:25

Ha ha !! Ive learnt something else as well, Im busy rubbing off the word 'filled' on the back of all my GF Pulsars in order to make the collection much more valuable.

No phil... you only do this this when you want to con someone !

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post01 Feb 2005, 14:21

I wonder how many "solid gold" Pulsars are going to appear on ebay in the near future now, and I wonder how many people already own GF "solid gold" Pulsars and don't realise, I'll be very careful who I buy one from now.

pascal

Nerd

Nerd

Post01 Feb 2005, 21:39

Mike Barbaro wrote:we can make a movie about this !!!

Yeah! Can I have the leadpart? I am a professor and just goet a degree in Nerdyness!! Where do I sign up?

Mike Barbaro

Post04 Feb 2005, 14:07

I am in process of researching my 3502 materials.... discussing with my suppliers....
Coming from these Pulsar Service Center Owners, and Pulsar Distributors,
I never felt the need to do so before....
Mike Barbaro

beachbabesy

Post04 Feb 2005, 14:15

i've bought a watch from Mike, he is a true gentleman, the watch went astray and after a month of me getting angry it turned up safe and well.

Mike was professional all the way through my deal and it worked out well in the end.

My 3502 is part of my collection and always will be, it certainly does not look like a fake in any way whatsoever.

mds

Post04 Feb 2005, 17:18

Mike Barbaro wrote:I am in process of researching my 3502 materials.... discussing with my suppliers....
Coming from these Pulsar Service Center Owners, and Pulsar Distributors,
I never felt the need to do so before....
Mike Barbaro

Hi Mike,

May I ask in what respect is there now a need to discuss this with your suppliers? I have a concern that I like some others have bought at a cost of $400 one of your NOS sport watches (awaiting mine to arrive) but if there's now an element of doubt with you with respect to the cases/backs possibly being reproductions and not geniune NOS then I like many others would be interested to know your current thoughts.

Mike

joeywaycool

Techie

Techie

Post04 Feb 2005, 21:17

Geez, there must be a lot of these spare 3502 modules in existence to warrant the idea of faking cases and bands.....

Seems that remanufacturing them would only worth while on a grand scale (I would think that most manufacturers would not want to mess with an order for only a hand full of cases, timescreens, and bracelets).

I am wrong into thinking that these are more than likely NOS parts?

How many of these modules are laying around unused? If there are indeed plenty, I guess it would be economically feasible (and profitable) to make "replacement" parts since we are talking about watches that sell for $400...but I still think they are probably genuine.

HP-01

Post14 Feb 2005, 03:27

GEEZ! I've wondered "how small must those batteries be", that fit in the pen stylus! :shock: ....then I called "Garland" who told me all I need was a #125 refill! :lol: It is interesting, that Garland made the same pen for both Pulsar and HP.

-Pace

ledwatch wrote:Well theres one good thing about all this, Ive found out why my Pulsar Calc Pen wont work, Ive been trying to figure out how to put new batteries in it for about five years now.

HP-01

Post14 Feb 2005, 06:59

Well, damn. What do they want? An OEM module in a ragged tore up case?

When it came toward the end for Pulsar, I bet they were glad that their ?watch cases? were made by a 3rd party. In fact, most watch cases were 3rd party made! Most movement makers had NO time to make the ?case?. They were too involved in making the movement, that they let ?case makers? make the case! That concept goes back centuries. For a ?watchmaker? that makes his own ?watch case?, is a watchmaker who has lost time. ?such as, for the blacksmith who rides his own horse, the shoes on his horse are not up to par. It is so simple.

There are so many people that will not understand that. Then, there will be a select few that fully understand.

-Pace

PS: I wanna become a helicopter pilot!  darn it!

Mike Barbaro wrote:simon you are such the liar !!
well, you have noted a few truths....i did sell you a calc........and i know 2 UK residents you stole watches from...i will not mention their names here...and you have written to sellers on ebay and swiped watches from buyers...and yes you are a Terrorist....all anyone has to do is read your last reply, and they see what you are.....a poor little rich boy, who can't stand to lose a watch to anyone....
oh, yes, this is true....there was the 14kt date command, i got it with the back cover that way, an area rubbed out...and i did sell it to you as 14kt, but then gave you the choice of a return, or keeping it and getting a refund, which you got...
oh, the links i sold, i had a box full of various gold links....who are you to say where i got them from??? i live in Pulsar country, Lancaster PA....that is where i got them from....oh, and yes, who are They gonna believe, when 4 or so americans complain about you??? i think they would err on the side of caution, when an unstable pilot is envolved, don't mess up here and lose your job.......as your kids, and your third wife are used to their lifestyle..................and.....................AS YOU JUST CONTACTED A FRIEND OF MINE INQUIRING " DO YOU HAVE ANY 3502'S AVAILABLE"???.......YOU DO NOT EVEN OWN A 3502...SO WHO ARE YOU TO CHIME IN AND PASS COMMENTS ABOUT IT BEING FAKE.......I WISH THAT ALL MEMBERS OF THIS SITE, PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS..........ESPECIALLY THOSE OF YOU JUMPING IN HASTILY ONTO SIMONS WAGON, and believed him...............HE IS A TROUBLE MAKER, AND A LIAR.............and an all round bad seed.
DK never said they are fake, he is the only one Man enough to say what he knows, (which, he does not know everything, i now know many of the pulsar service center people / distributors, i do not know if Dennis knows them and/or the history behind what happened back in the late 70's regarding inventory)...DK has spoken the truth and not gossip, he stayed neutral, and unbiased......not one of you have ever asked me directly about them......you all just read this crap on here and jump on the simon wagon...
well, i spelled it out pretty good in my last reply above.......there WAS a period of time that i was searching out manufacturers to bring these Pulsars back...as i know another guy with a lot of 3502 modules....but, did not need to...........through working with these old men, and a widow or two, i found what i needed....(see my above reply)...
...however i do intend to ask direct questions of my suppliers....
i know the back covers look a little different than even what i am used to.
but, again.....see what i wrote above...."variations in product due to several suppliers".........
mike
ps if you bought one from me, and don't want it, send it back to me....
if it is in the same condition as i sold it....i will refund you.
pps AND....i will be getting some with logos on the time screen soon........

Mike Barbaro

Post17 Feb 2005, 01:25

Hi Everyone,
This is Mike Barbaro ......yes, the NOS Pulsar LED 3502 Sport guy from ebay.......
Recently, the Webmaster at www.oldpulsars.com had requested a watch and its various parts from me for inspection.....

So that you don't have to back track the 3 pages of this "thread", these watches, backs, bracelets, modules, books, came from Pulsar Distributors and Pulsar Service Center Owners/Managers from the late 1970's.......(Boxes, stickers and O-Rings are brand new, and have been noted so).......I got their names and locations from a Pulsar employee who knew them, who was one of their peers.......Through this network of contacts, I was able to build these watches.....Yes, After about 28 years, many still held onto this stuff !!! Well, in some cases, their widows... This project took me over 2 years to pull together...

From some of these Oldtimers, I got complete watches, from some, modules, others cases and backs, and still others bracelets, etc....With some parts, there were variations from one Distibutors parts to another......e.g. backs, and bracelets....I thought nothing of this as Pulsar used several manufacturing suppliers for cases, backs, bracelets, etc.....
"Star", certainly was the main subcontractor for Pulsar.....but again, not the only one....
In any case, Mr. DLK has finished his analysis, and is willing to forward a copy to any Pulsar Enthusiast who is interested......
Thank You....
Mike Barbaro
P.S. I will have the other style of this watch soon, I hope....with the Pulsar logo on the time screen.

andyz4000

Techie

Techie

Post22 Feb 2005, 04:55

Glad to hear that Mike. I have one of your Pulsar 3502s and found it hard to believe it was a repro but either way I am happy as the build quality is very good (Screw Down Case, Solid Links, Glass Crystal etc.) and the watch is awesome to wear.

Andrew

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post04 Feb 2006, 16:31

I have just returned to the forum after a year and it has evolved much. Especially in the field of human relations :)
The case quality sometimes might be questionable. I recently acquired a minty P4 Ex case and would not swap my old used one for this new version.
The back part of the case (not case-back) shows absolutely no signs of brushing or tool-finishing and has just a "straight from the mold" appearance which is not very nice.
Thus various cases produced by various manufacturers for the same Pulsar model might look very different - if not to say - like fakes. The same policy might therefore also apply to the different case styles of the Sport model.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post04 Feb 2006, 19:37

Just wanted to chime in. I've bought from Mike B. and had no problems with his watches. I agree with him that most manufacturers of any hot product will have several distributors, with slightly different tolerences, manufacturing equiptment, etc. Giving slightly different finishes and colors, within a range specified in their contract. Once collectible things get to a certain age, rebuilding one with carefully matched parts is generally acceptible, as long as they are from the same type of watch and same manufacturer. Thank God that quartz crystals, modules and cases aren't serial numbered...we'd have some people whining that their parts didn't match. Collectible knives often have handles and blades swapped to build an EXCELLENT specimen and a entry-level specimen. Same with antique guns.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.
Previous

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton