It is currently 14 May 2024, 18:25

P4 executive date not displaying

• Author

L-Star

P4 executive date not displaying

Post24 Mar 2014, 08:53

Hello everyone I am new to the forum and have really enjoyed all the information and educated personalities on here.

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction as to what I need to do next.

I recently purchased a non-working p4 from eBay. Installed new batteries and when i would place the back on lightly all the digit places and colon would light up in an individual manner when I would lift the back and place it again but not by pressing the button. Gave it the wash and dry and miraculously the time began to display correctly via the button and flick of the wrist action.

What should I do next to get the date to display.

Also anyone have a spare setting magnet to sell for this model?

Thanks
Wanted to replace two of my favorite watches and stumbled across this forum. If you want to sell me one let me know.

Adidas Originals HS602 Side View silver metal band

I love PULSAR LED WATCHES!!!

Phasar66

Wizard

Wizard

Re: P4 executive date not displaying

Post25 Mar 2014, 04:26

Chances are your watch is auto set and don't need a magnet, pushing 3 times in sequence will bring up setting mode, digits will stay lit for a few secconds.
for the date try any magnet in the proximity of the date button and see watch happens.

L-Star

Post25 Mar 2014, 08:43

Phasar66 wrote:Chances are your watch is auto set and don't need a magnet, pushing 3 times in sequence will bring up setting mode, digits will stay lit for a few secconds.
for the date try any magnet in the proximity of the date button and see watch happens.

I wish this were the case. I've pushed the date button a hundred times hoping something would happen. Bruce PM'ed me and said it's more than likely the reed switch. I've tried placing a magnet near the date button and still nothing happens.

thank you for the suggestions though!!
Wanted to replace two of my favorite watches and stumbled across this forum. If you want to sell me one let me know.

Adidas Originals HS602 Side View silver metal band

I love PULSAR LED WATCHES!!!

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post25 Mar 2014, 10:28

If the Date reed is broken or damaged, no amount of button-pushing or use of external magnets will accomplish anything. The correct test to see if the module is Auto-Set (in this case) is, push the Time button (we know that one works) three times quickly (within 1.5 seconds). If this is a 402 module, the display may simply stay on (and will stay on for 5 seconds if no other button is pushed), or go off for about a second, then come back on (this is far less common, and may be a chip made by another manufacturer, other than RCA, for Time Computer).
The Auto-Set feature was a big step forward for Time Computer; it allowed the user to do away with the difficult-to-handle, and easy-to-lose, setting magnets. All 403 DOW (Day-Of-Week), and 406 (24HR display) modules were Auto-Set. It became standard on all Pulsar models (except the Calculators) after its' introduction in late 1974 or early 1975; all Touch-Command modules also have the AS feature.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton