It is currently 12 May 2024, 22:32

Anyone doing green P3 conversions?

• Author

Lexxxus

Nerd

Nerd

Anyone doing green P3 conversions?

Post16 Jan 2015, 02:34

I became a member over 10 years ago and have spent the last several yeaRs concentrating on Swiss autos. Getting back into LED and LCDs of late and perhaps my question is a tired one, but I did an advanced search of the forums and found little on the topic. I guess simply stated, is a green crystal made for the P3?

My Avatar from many features one but I think it was simply photo-shopped.

I am amazed there are so few green LED watchs out there. There is a that low-end "Driver" model I see on eBay but nothing really mind-blowing. I bought a blue LED Pimp years ago and I still like the looks it gets when I wear it. Always hoped that Tokyoflash would release one in green but they never did (red, white and blue only)

There are also a few vintage greenies out there but I would kill to have my P3 in green.

Anyone?

Wayne
PS: Thanks to Al in Winnipeg for getting back on this site. It had been so long I forgot I was a member!

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

• Location: The Royal County of Berkshire, UK. Where the Queen of England Lives :)

Re: Anyone doing green P3 conversions?

Post16 Jan 2015, 17:41

I have a perfectly working Greenie P4 Dress minus the crystal and buttons... plus it needs a new wrist band.

The main point is the Module is green, bright and working well :-D but I'd happily pay a kings ransom for that elusive crystal !! :O`~

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Anyone doing green P3 conversions?

Post17 Jan 2015, 22:38

The problem is not the colour but the material. The green colour on organic material is easy cause its like painted on, but on mineral crystal that's completely different. The colour has to be in the material before they make the crystal..it's "made on mass" like we say here.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton