It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 21:06

PLT-1 module info please

• Author

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

PLT-1 module info please

Post12 Aug 2015, 17:40

I have visited the PLT-1 module website. I was very impressed with the workmanship of the module. Seems like the creator of the module has spent a great deal of thought in the development of it. I would like to know if anyone has dealt with ordering one before. Was it quick turnaround time from when you sent your watch in ? If you still have a P2 or P3 with one, is it still functioning correctly ? Who cares if the electronics look different than the original. As long as you have a functioning watch and do not have to eat your heart out with games having your original module repaired, it would be worth getting one. I have seen only a few Pulsars on e-bay with the PLT modules in them. I like the extra functions built into the module, like having the date function available for P2's. :-D

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: PLT-1 module info please

Post12 Aug 2015, 22:02

This guy has a very bad history. His first offering was a P2 with one of his modules, and he tried very hard to make it sound as though the watch was completely original. When asked point-blank if the module was original, his reply was "If I don't specifically say that it is, you should know that it isn't". That kind of evasive, devious behavior has no place in watch collecting, or anywhere else... The item was reported as fraudulent, the auction was pulled, and that was the end of it. Frankly, neither I nor anyone else cares how "good" the electronics are; it's the ethics of the person pocketing the money that are in question. There are two other sources for replacement modules, one in Germany, the other in California; you're better off with one of those

Timecollector

Techie

Techie

Post13 Aug 2015, 00:26

I remember that ebay auction thread.
viewtopic.php?t=6693

But the discussion on the thread was more about the issues with the auction and the less then honest seller and it didn't cover the merits(good or bad) of the module in question.(Seller shows no sales action since that sale).

So the question still remains. Are these PLT-1 modules any good and who has any experience with them? The seller in that auction may have know the maker of the module but it didn't sound like it was the same person. We know they would not go over well with those purist collectors and that is fine. We all recognize that. But that's really not the question here, is it?

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

Post13 Aug 2015, 12:37

Thanks Timecollector, that is exactly my point. I want to know the reliabilty of the module and how well the turnaround time is on the seller.
Last edited by Brightlightredlight on 16 Aug 2015, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post13 Aug 2015, 15:47

The P2 was for sale in Canada, looks like by a guy named Chris. PLT-1 module is produced in London UK by a guy called Ben Azari, so looks like the seller and the supplier arent the same guy here. I've never had a PLT-1 module to date but i have had convos with Ben, seems a honest enough guy imo.

jdavid

Post13 Aug 2015, 17:00

Hi guys I have had a Hamilton qtc repaired with a PLT1,and I have found the reliability excellent, the quality of the circuit board and construction is better than the German one's which I have also tried. The only down side is the turnaround time can be several weeks. Hope this helps cheers Dave.

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

Post13 Aug 2015, 17:35

Thanks, I appreciate all the positive feeback on them. Several weeks does not seem all that bad considering some of the stories I have heard from different members on module repair experiences. I consider one week transit time each way part of that. I figured as big as this forum is there had to be a few people that owns them. I never really heard anything bad about the PLT-1 modules. Thanks for the input. :Hi:

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton