3013 Issue

• Author

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

3013 Issue

Post08 Feb 2016, 03:12

Hello,

I have a 3013 module that is running extremely fast. When I hold down the right button to view the seconds the numbers are just flying one after another. Everything else seems to be functioning fine. Just curious if anyone else has dealt with this issue. Is the module on its last leg? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: 3013 Issue

Post08 Feb 2016, 11:00

My green display Sears has just started doing the same especially when in setting mode - at the moment heating the watch up a little will keep it stable enough to set and once set it will continue to work unless it gets too cold, the module looks to be sealed within the plastic carrier so I am not sure if it can be repaired which is a shame as generally speaking the green display models are quite rare and the Sears is probably the rarest of the bunch.

sears 1_DWG.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post08 Feb 2016, 14:44

Thanks for the reply. My cousin found one of those at a flea market for $20!! He put batteries in and it fired right up. He sold it a couple years ago. Very cool watch! I wish he kept it.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post08 Feb 2016, 15:51

bucko170 wrote:My green display Sears has just started doing the same especially when in setting mode - at the moment heating the watch up a little will keep it stable enough to set and once set it will continue to work unless it gets too cold, the module looks to be sealed within the plastic carrier so I am not sure if it can be repaired which is a shame as generally speaking the green display models are quite rare and the Sears is probably the rarest of the bunch.

sears 1_DWG.jpg

Well the "Lamp", "Benrus" and "Sharp" branded greenies seem to be more rare, but yeah generally you don't run into one of these very often. That heating help makes me believe it is a bad soldering spot, in German we call it a "cold" soldering spot. Might be hard to find exactly the spot.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton