It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:59

Pulsar dress button replacement

• Author

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Pulsar dress button replacement

Post26 Feb 2017, 18:40

Looking for some information on how to do a button replacement on a dress model. I have the bad button removed. The magnet was detached. I have a good button but I'm unsure exactly how the button should be reassembled. There are 4 parts. The button part obviously goes first. There is the part with the magnet on the end and then an arched piece of metal. I'm not sure in what orders these go. Any help would be much appreciated.

70's_gal

Geek

Geek

Re: Pulsar dress button replacement

Post01 May 2017, 20:22

primepulsar wrote:Looking for some information on how to do a button replacement on a dress model. I have the bad button removed. The magnet was detached. I have a good button but I'm unsure exactly how the button should be reassembled. There are 4 parts. The button part obviously goes first. There is the part with the magnet on the end and then an arched piece of metal. I'm not sure in what orders these go. Any help would be much appreciated.

Gosh...it's been over a decade since I did a button repair. IIRC: button first, magnet next, arched piece (return spring) last, then the sealing plate to hold it all in place.

~Sherry.
Too many watches, not enough wrists... ;-)

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Pulsar dress button replacement

Post02 May 2017, 11:38

Solid or hollow style button?

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton