It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:17

Two LED Pulsar - please help identify them

• Author

tequila

Two LED Pulsar - please help identify them

Post19 Jun 2017, 02:29

pulsar 1 back.jpg
Hi! I have two Pulsar watches probably P4 Executive marked as 14k gold. I'd like to know a bit more about them so started to look for some information online but as more I finding as more confused me. Serial numbers are: 720168 this is on gold bracelet and 187814 it is on a strap with gold clasp. When I open it found sticker in one showing "module103". Local jeweler changed batteries and they are working but he also said they are gold plated only. I wonder if exist knock-off on a market? Also I'm intrested if I need a magnet to set up those full gold one - there is no spot in bezel where it can be find. This on a leather strap has broken clasp but in extra strap I found magnet. If sombody is able to send my some clue what they are worth I appreciate!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tequila

Re: Two LED Pulsar - please help identify them

Post19 Jun 2017, 02:30

more pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tequila

Post19 Jun 2017, 02:32

and 3 more pictures

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post19 Jun 2017, 14:48

They almost certainly are solid 14K gold. Never heard of anyone creating knock-offs.
Most people probably don't believe (or can't remember) there was ever a time when digital watches were "exclusive".
These are ladies watches.
The one with bracelet is a Ladies Oval 6406-2.
The one with strap is a Ladies Cushion 6407-1.

Go here, click on 'Models', then 'Ladies Models':
http://www.oldpulsars.com/

Sorry, can't help with value.
Don't sell them for scrap though!
Rgds.

tequila

Post20 Jun 2017, 13:37

Test - I can't post new reply

tequila

Post20 Jun 2017, 13:39

Thank you charger105! I've been on website "oldpulsar" but I thought beginning of serial number is specific for model and type of watch. Number starting from 72 almost mach but for men's model what was wird. But the other number not exist on this list same as serial number of gold pulsar p2 sold few days ago on ebay. All those was so confusing for me. Is somewhere database with LED Pulsar serial numbers? I can't find any website :-?

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post20 Jun 2017, 22:12

Multiple serial number blocks exist for many Pulsar models (P3s, for example, exist with serial numbers starting with 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7...though, the 7xxxxx numbers are quite rare). Your watches are definitely, certainly, positively solid 14K gold; the hallmarks are distinctive and unmistakable. Charger105 has the model number right. BTW, NEVER deal with the "jeweler" you took these to...he's either an idiot, or a crook; no jeweler worth the time of day could look at those hallmarks and tell you they are goldfilled...combined, there's something on the plus side of US$2000 worth of gold there.

tequila

Post21 Jun 2017, 07:19

Thank you a lots for reply on my post! Appreciate your experience in this subject! As I mentioned before I don't have a magnet to set up this watches. I confess I didn't try magnet what is at extra strap yet! However I wondering where originally was hide magnet for watches with a bracelet? I'll try tomorrow "play" with settings so probably my questions will multiplicate.

tequila

Post22 Jun 2017, 14:51

So I have good and bad news for me. I tried set up time and date and those full gold watch is Auto settings :Prost: but second watch on a strap doesn't work with magnet I have :bang: when I put magnet to "hr" slot date appears for second and is gone and I can do nothing.... when I can find magnet for settings? Can I use any substitute. Can anybody help???

Brightlightredlight

Geek

Geek

Post24 Jun 2017, 03:42

Could be the magnet is too strong and activating the date. Try using just a smaller part of the magnet in slot. I have to do this setting one of my P3's.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post24 Jun 2017, 10:33

Try flipping the magnet over; the reed switches on Pulsars are notoriously polarity-sensitive. If that doesn't work, I do have spares.
BTW...an indication that the watch with the bracelet had an Auto-Set module...is that the HR and MIN markings are not painted in with black paint; the 18K Executives I got from New York were "coded" that way...magnet-set watches always had the letters blacked in; Auto-Set ones were left bare gold. Evidently, they never bothered to do a run of Auto-Set (smooth, without the magnet recesses) case backs for the solid-gold P4s (at least, if they do exist, I have never seen or heard of one).

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton