It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 06:42

PULSAR DISPLAY ITEMS.

• Author

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: PULSAR DISPLAY ITEMS.

Post11 Dec 2017, 02:29

Actually, the Men's Sport is just that...no numerical "P" designation. Only the Executive, Classic, and Big Time are correctly referred to as P4s. I see the Men's Dress often called a P4 on eBay...also not correct. The Sport is really a rather small watch, a reflection of the changing styles of the 70s (if it was a Rolex, it would be considered a mid-size watch). It is, of course, a scaled-down version of the P1 Limited Edition.

Pulsar77

Techie

Techie

Post11 Dec 2017, 05:03

bruce wegmann wrote:Actually, the Men's Sport is just that...no numerical "P" designation. Only the Executive, Classic, and Big Time are correctly referred to as P4s. I see the Men's Dress often called a P4 on eBay...also not correct. The Sport is really a rather small watch, a reflection of the changing styles of the 70s (if it was a Rolex, it would be considered a mid-size watch). It is, of course, a scaled-down version of the P1 Limited Edition.

Thank for you reply, it seems to me that he Men’s sport it’s one of the last model product by Pulsar with asian module (Sanyo), isn’t it?
Digital LCD & LED watches fan

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post11 Dec 2017, 06:52

If you're thinking about an Asian-made module, that would probably be the Sanyo-produced display for the Green Dress watch; the module itself was produced in the Lancaster facility (the identical green display found it's way into Lamp, Sears, and Compu-Chron watches, as well). The 3502 Sport and 5503 Touch-Command share the same module (about 10% or so of the 5503s have a module equipped with an inertial switch to provide the Auto-Command...flick-of-wrist...feature). A few of the special 5503 modules apparently found their way into 3502 Sports, so a few 3502s also have Auto-Command (I have one in my collection, and have seen one other).

Pulsar77

Techie

Techie

Post11 Dec 2017, 10:51

bruce wegmann wrote:If you're thinking about an Asian-made module, that would probably be the Sanyo-produced display for the Green Dress watch; the module itself was produced in the Lancaster facility (the identical green display found it's way into Lamp, Sears, and Compu-Chron watches, as well). The 3502 Sport and 5503 Touch-Command share the same module (about 10% or so of the 5503s have a module equipped with an inertial switch to provide the Auto-Command...flick-of-wrist...feature). A few of the special 5503 modules apparently found their way into 3502 Sports, so a few 3502s also have Auto-Command (I have one in my collection, and have seen one other).

Ok I didn't know that, it is the last model produced by Pulsar ?

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post11 Dec 2017, 11:32

No...probably the last models Pulsar ever made were the 5140 (goldfilled) and 3140 (stainless steel)...not to be confused with the 18K P3 Date/Command...with Liquid-Crystal displays. They bear a passing similarity to the Men's Dress watch, and use the same bracelets. A lot of them were left in-stock when Time Computer closed their doors in late 1977; they show up periodically on eBay for $75-100. It is certainly not universally known that Time Computer produced an LCD watch; I was several years into collecting before I became aware of them.

Pulsar77

Techie

Techie

Post06 Jan 2018, 12:01

I wanted to say that the P4 touch command men's sport was the last LED watch product by Pulsar...
I'm waiting to received an 3410, I bought it on Ebay during the Christmas hollidays.

I'm very interestinng about the P4 touch command men's sport because I read on Peter web site Crazywatches.pl about the P4 touch command that "it seems it is the best module ever made and highly advanced in terms of LED technology".

http://crazywatches.w.interiowo.pl/phot ... sport.html

I ask a question, why it's the best module and highly advanced ? because for me the bubble glass technologie is less interesting than the classic large dot-matrix.
Maybe the chip is best than the prehistoric 2900 or 3013 modules...

This watch look like the P1 and I think to have it on the wrist it's an little P1 experience's...
Previous

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton