It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 05:56

Fake Tiffany Crystal?

• Author

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Fake Tiffany Crystal?

Post29 Sep 2017, 13:59

This watch was listed on ebay but I've never seen a Tiffany crystal look like this. Is it fake?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PG101

Techie

Techie

Re: Fake Tiffany Crystal?

Post29 Sep 2017, 21:37

Maybe Tiffany was his wife's name? M:)W:)M

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post10 Oct 2017, 05:04

On a more serious note...

This one is a bit of a head-scratcher. On all P2s and P3s I've seen, the Tiffany logo is done as "Tiffany & Co." , as there is plenty of space on the crystal to do so. On Ladies models, it is done as we see it here, simply "Tiffany". But, this is a Classic, which uses a glass exactly the same size and shape as the P2 or P3 (they are all interchangeable, in fact), so, normally, I would expect to see the fuller logo. Without actually having the watch "in-hand", it's really impossible to tell if this is a Corning-type, fired-on, glass-frit logo, or done in some kind of catalyzed-acrylic epoxy paint (as in the crystals we saw a few years ago, the source of which is still in question). If this is of contemporary manufacture, it's hard to believe that a forger who did enough research to get the letter style right would make such a gross and obvious error as to leave the logo incomplete (the font itself appears to be exactly correct). There are known examples of all P2s, P3s, and P4s with both Tiffany and Neiman-Marcus marked crystals. Perhaps the buyer, if they could be contacted, would provide some higher-resolution images for us to study. In the meantime, this one remains a question mark.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post28 May 2018, 21:40

Here are some enlarged photos. Not sure if this helps. If there are any other angles let me know and I can try and take more photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton