It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:58

What's this worth?

• Author

psnewman

What's this worth?

Post17 Jul 2005, 01:22

I just dug out of my desk drawer my old Pulsar. I got it as a graduation gift in either 1971 (High school) or 1975 (College) I can't remember which! It appears to be a 3100 stainless steel. My recollection (Hey it was the 70's!) is that it malfunctioned early in it's life and was sent back under warranty. Before the failure it used the magnet, after that it was set by hitting the buttons. The serial number is 251727. It's in great condition, though it's "dead" of course because it needs new batteries.

Does anyone know what it might be worth and how I might go about selling it. It would have to be for a pretty good price because it has sentimental value (Although whether it's sentiment for HS or College I can't recall...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, including what year it was manufactured. A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

Peter
Peter Newman

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: What's this worth?

Post17 Jul 2005, 08:29

Hello psnewman.
The Pulsar experts of this forum will probably give you more specific help, but first i'd say get some batteries in the watch. If you are going sell the watch on a website like ebay.com, it will always sell for more if it is confirmed working. Unfortunately, if it has a dedication engraved on it, this may emphasise the sentimental value, but will almost always result in a lower price than a non-personalised item.

If you search for 'LED' in ebay's buy section, specifying the 'jewlery & watches' category, you'll get an idea of what pulsar LED watches sell for. You might sell to a online vintage watch website, but your likely to get less, because the buyer will have a significant mark up, to make a profit, but still has to price the watch acccording to market forces.

A few hundred dollars is very possible through ebay, depending on circumstances (i.e. working, and not personalised) Good luck.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Re: What's this worth?

Post05 Feb 2006, 02:51

Your watch is for sure 1975 and if it was repaired in the late 70's ans is autoset then it's no longer a perfectly original P3.
check this thread:
http://digital.superman.ws/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=979
serviced modules were fitted with P4 guts and thus such changes are clearly visible thru the red glass.
the good part is that it was serviced by Pulsar or an assigned repair person (when Pulsar closed) and is still original but will not reach P3 prices.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton