It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:41

Pulse Time Serial Numbers

• Author

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Pulse Time Serial Numbers

Post03 Jul 2023, 14:48

I was curious if anyone had a good idea of when the Pulse Time serial numbers started. From my
research it shows they started releasing them June of 1977. The one I currently have is marked 6-77 but I wanted to get a closer idea of how early in the run my watch was made. Thanks in advance!

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: Pulse Time Serial Numbers

Post05 Jul 2023, 11:49

The Pulse-Time models (both the 3725 in stainless, and the 7725 in 14K solid gold), were, by any applicable standard, oddball watches. They were Time Computer's first, and only, entry into the field of what John Bergey (the CEO of Time Computer) called "wrist instruments". The first offering, probably in April 1977, the 7725, is one of the very few models for which we have a definite production number...just 100 pieces (with serial numbers going from 501 to 600). Of those, only 7 or 8 are definitely known to still exist in collections, worldwide. It is essentially a modified standard P3 case, with the pulse sensor added below the time screen. Two different bracelets are known; both the standard and folded-tab hollow-link types were used. A special "deep-dish" case back was needed to accommodate the four 357 cells needed to operate the more complex circuitry.
The stainless steel (3725) is also a standard Pulsar case...here the plain Date2 is modified in similar fashion to the P3. Either unused Date2 cases were still available (over three years later?), or a special run was done to satisfy the design need. Similar extended-depth case backs (identical in size to the ones made for the 7725s) are seen on 3725s. Serial numbers here are a lot more problematic. I have two 3725s...serial numbers 764893 and 791088. I find it impossible to believe that nearly 27000 3725s were actually made. It doesn't seem reasonable that so many could be produced and sold in the few months between the initial introduction (June) and the closing of Time Computer's doors forever in late 1977. Perhaps, if a dozen or so owners would volunteer to reveal the serial number of their watches, we could get a better idea of what was going on with the numbering, but it seems unlikely (unless some documentation miraculously shows up) we will ever know for sure. We are a long way from writing the last page of the history of the Pulse-Time Pulsar.
BTW, the "6-77" marking on the bracelet hinge is a manufacturing date code for the bracelet, not the watch. The serial number (located on the case back, as on all other Pulsars, will almost certainly fall within the range of the two numbers I specified). So...what might that be?

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post08 Jul 2023, 12:31

Bruce! So glad you are okay. I sent you two watches like 4 years ago now and you just ghosted me and never sent them back. My serial number is 764356. Hope to hear back about the serial number and how to get my watches back. I sent them to you for a segment driver replacement. Two P2 modules, one module was in a Date 2 case. The other was in a P2 case.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post08 Jul 2023, 23:47

You know how to reach me...DO NOT use this public forum again to address what is entirely a private matter.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post09 Jul 2023, 14:59

Well when there is theft of property I’ll use any forum I’d like to try and get a hold of the person. Can you just send them back. I can pm you my address. This is ridiculous at this point.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post11 Jul 2023, 01:37

You don't listen so good, do you? Fine...let's do this... Nothing's been "stolen". They're still here, fixed, finished, and ready to go, as soon as the work gets PAID FOR (you forgot all about that part, didn't you?). As far as I'm concerned, you abandoned them over six months ago, and are now technically no longer you property (look up "artisan's lien"...pull a stunt like this with an auto-repair shop, and see what happens).
You're the third character who's pulled this on me...contract for expensive work, balk at the bill, and demand their stuff back...AFTER the work is done. NOT going to fly. And now, there's going to be a penalty for leading the torch-and-pitchfork mob; I don't tolerate being slandered, and I'm not going to permit you to profit a penny's worth, when you re-sell them. So, I'm done waiting...you've got 72 hours to make this right (a grand should cover my inconvenience); after that, I am considering this matter closed...and I mean, FOREVER.
Do whatever you think will work out best for you...

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post11 Jul 2023, 19:36

Hey Bruce,

Glad to see your around. I've sent many emails with no reply. Maybe I have an old email ?

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post12 Jul 2023, 14:03

Bruce I think you have the wrong person. You never sent me any bill or told me any work was done. I’m attaching a photo of the last response I have from you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post12 Jul 2023, 14:06

You are really a piece of work man. 6 months ago. I sent you these in 2019. You completely stopped responding. Your phone number never was answered, no voicemail option. This is freaking crazy. Again I never got a bill, no communication, you never told me they were done.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post12 Jul 2023, 14:12

Here’s some more messages. Where you say $50 per successful repair.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post12 Jul 2023, 14:13

Some more for ya.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post12 Jul 2023, 14:14

Please show me any communication back to me where you said they were done and a price. Cause I have 0 messages from you on this forum and have nothing in my email.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post12 Jul 2023, 14:33

To summarize. The last message from you in October of 2019 said that you don’t think they are repairable and that you would take another look that weekend and if no response you’d send them back. Did that happen Bruce? No. Now you are claiming you repaired them 6 months ago and I owe you $1000. I’d really like some clarification from you. Cause this all makes 0 sense.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post12 Jul 2023, 15:51

Bruce, I’m going to chalk this up to misunderstanding. This was 4 years ago, things appeared to be crazy for you at that time, I could see how I got lost in the shuffle. Covid hit and things got even crazier. The facts are that we discussed segment drive replacements, you told me it was $50 per watch if you could fix them, if they weren’t fixable it would be no charge. This is what you said in a private message to me which I posted in previous message. Your confidence was not high and you said you’d send them back after you checked them the next weekend. The weekend was October of 2019. I’m not trying to slander you, I was upset that you stopped communicating with me and that my watches were never returned. All I want is my watches back and this situation will be over. I provided clear facts that I am not the person 6 months ago that owes you a thousand dollars. Please make this right.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton