It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:02

pulsar modules

• Author

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

pulsar modules

Post28 Aug 2005, 02:56

Will we ever find out if those boxes of Pulsar modules that went for a fair old amount of cash on ebay yesterday really were spare parts meant for putting in watches (or were they ones that Mr retired watch repairguy had taken out of watches because they'd gone a bit "0"?)

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Re: pulsar modules

Post28 Aug 2005, 04:34

Considering the seller was selling a working green Pulsar at the same time, I have to wonder why they were sold "untested".

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post28 Aug 2005, 08:25

I didn't think the green pulsar dress watch worked propperly. Mind you if it worked for 15 mins, and then stopped, as the seller said, it might have been a minor problem to someone with the know-how :)

I'm curious about the Pulsar lot with 5 green modules. If the modules are working, or repairable, the buyer could be in for a big profit. However, I'd be unhappy if they were resold as complete watches, without any refference to the modules being repaired. I'd be keen enough to buy a reconditioned module/watch so long as I knew that's what it was.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post28 Aug 2005, 16:12

I think all of these modules were "dead". Dunno if they were all "beyond repair", probably depends on the repairman's skills. I think at least some of them might be brought back to a working state with much skill and experience.

Who was the buyer? Anyone from here? :D

ledwatch

Banned

Post28 Aug 2005, 19:14

Im afraid someone will have a nasty and expensive shock with those, I dont think the guy that was selling was being entirely truthfull.....

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post29 Aug 2005, 18:02

Maybe he finds one or two that can be repaired and we'll soon see another large batch of Pulsar modules. :lol:

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post29 Aug 2005, 20:00

ledwatch wrote:Im afraid someone will have a nasty and expensive shock with those, I dont think the guy that was selling was being entirely truthfull.....

What makes you think that? Have you dealt with them before, or is it a hunch?

ledwatch

Banned

Post29 Aug 2005, 22:47

Lets just say that all big Pulsar collectors have got a big pile of non-working modules, Ive got hundreds myself with blown chips and logic faults, personally I wouldnt put them on ebay and try to sell them because I wouldnt try to get financial gain like that, but it looks like someone did.....and no, its not a hunch, Im sorry to say......

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post29 Aug 2005, 23:53

Ahh. Thanks ledwatch. Well at least it's good to think that 'dwf' contributors, such as yourself, maintain a level of honesty that's pretty rare these days :)

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post04 Feb 2006, 14:17

If anyone remembers - the pile of green modules appeared later on eBay in new suits. led-land started selling some of them as cased including a home-made P2 SS with a green display. Thus some of them were repairable or were at least a good source for green displays. The first seller however could have been but must not have been dishonest or just didn't have enough tech-knowledge aside checking them with new batteries.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton